Sunday, April 30, 2006

Busy weekend...

As you all know I went to see Tim on Friday afternoon. So I dwelled on that all weekend. Im fine with my decision not to bail him out, but the Mom in me feels so guilty for not doing it. Ah well, I will get over it. I will think about Mothers Day and how he would not make over here to see me, He MIGHT call, but there would be no card and no flowers, even though he KNOWS how much they mean to me. DOesnt have to be a big bunch of roses, just a little nosegay or something. Hell If he picked them on the road and brought them over that would be just GRAND. But he doesn't, He only remembers he has a Mother when He needs something. Too Bad Mom's cant forget they have SOns. My Husband was the same way, and so was my Dad and so Is Bob. Mom? I sorta remember that word...I dont know why Men refuse to acknowledge their Mother's if they do not live in the same town with them. It is like they break their hands or something. So any of you guys out there that may be reading this, If your Mom is alive, CALL HER!! GO VISIT HER!!! SEND HER FLOWERS!!! WRITE TO YOUR MOTHER!!!! If she is dead, GO VIsit her grave, or send some flowers to her church in her name. Do SOMETHING to remember you had a WOman that gave you life.

THe rest of the weekend was spent cleaning, and putzing. TOday I got up started the laundry and took my coffee out to the deck. It was the first morning warm enough to do so. REALLY!! My grass out back is 2 feet tall, and starting to go to seed, so I knew I had to do something TODAY! SO I started mowing, and the part that I had mowed 2 weeks ago was not as hard, but the rest was brutal. TOok me three hours to get it have done. I ran out of gas, so as I went to get the can, I noticed that Bob had brought his weed whacker over and was going to town on the worse part. He got it all knocked down in about 45 minutes. So tomorrow in the rain, I get to rake it up and then hope it dries enough to Mow it shorter this time, and then I should be well On my way to keeping it looking good.

I came in to take a bath and get ready for bed before the movie came on, but I fiddled around too long and just now got out of the tub. Anybody besides me think that Jesse Stone is cool? Tom Selleck just gets better and better with age!! UM UM UM!! I love those rugged hotties!!! ANd he plays Jesse so WELL!! I guess I will have to read some robert Parker books, as Jesse is his main character in his books, at least that is what TOm said on Martha Stewart today. (I tape her and watch when I can) Sure would be nice to see it go into a series. This is the third movie so far. and he wrote 11 books, so maybe...

My laundry is done!! THe kitchen is still a wreck, but It will stay that way until tomorrow. I have the last load of dirty clothes, (what I used today) in and that is it. Bed room is clean, sheets changed, bird feeders filled, grass mowed, Short ribs cooked for Bob, and then reheated for tonight, So now it is off to bed and my book.
See you tomorrow...

And Thank you all for all your support for me this week! I love you all.

No comments: