Friday, September 16, 2005

Thursday....

I have not had time to breathe much less write a posting for several days. We open our show tomorrow, and tonight was a charity buy-out and "dress rehearsal". The show was a sell out for the Catholic Daughters, so they made some money. The audience was full of old people, and they LOVED the show! I have updated it to current times, and they loved that too. I changed the locale to the Pac NW and that brought a huge laugh. :)
Our leading Man cracks up at his own jokes when the audience laughs, and it is so funny watching him try to control it. Our Pro, Madame Arcati knows this and will do ANYTHING she can to see if she can crack him up. She usually succeeds! We have had fun getting this show ready to open, It has been extremely hard work with almost the whole staff leaving for this that and the other, but by GOD we made it. Now it is sit back and let them go on their own time. AHHHHHHH

Right now I am so tired that I can not sleep. My back keeps wanting to POP but it wont, and that just aches and aches, right down my sciatic nerve to my left foot. SO needless to say comfort is not easy to come by. I went right to bed after I got home tonight, but I could not get to sleep. Toss and turn and worry about what I may have forgot, and know there isn't anything that I have forgotten. I take staff pictures tomorrow evening before the show, and that should be that.

there is an article in the Paper about the show. www.whidbeynewstimes.com/ click on the community tab and the story is there Blithe Spirit.

I will be getting an archive DVD of the show, and I can send it around if you would like to see it. It is not PRO quality, the sound is a bit of a stretch, but it works. The high school films it for us. I have them of all my shows, if there is any you would like to see let me know and I can mail it to you for a peek, then you can mail it back. kinda like our own NETFLIX!

No comments: