Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday ramblings

Last night we taped the video of BLITHE SPIRIT, It is a video for archival purposes, and it went very well. I sat up in the booth with the videographer, calling the cues, and the actors were spot on! Not a goof in the show. They are such a great cast!!! They pull together when the going gets rough and things just run so smoothly. They laugh and have FUN! What a concept! I am so very proud of them and the job they have done. It makes all the hard work worth it.

This morning I turned CNN on and watched the updates on Rita. Looks like she minded her manners quite a bit when she made land fall. THANK GOD! Lots of rain though. And just now they showed the tracking map and it looks like all that rain is heading right for Brenda. Rita is making a slow circle back to the east/southeast. All that rain on top of that left by Katrina, might just make the lazy ole' Mississip over flow her banks. This is the time of year that the Atlantic Coast hurricanes usually hit too, SO I do not think that we have seen the last of nasty weather.

Last week I was watching update on Katrina's temper fit, and they were showing the food supplies that were being stored for distribution. COKE and PEPSI and SOFT drinks, and potato chips and doughnuts. WHAT!!!!! Those are frills, and un necessary items. Where is the flour, and the sugar, and the eggs and the meat and the canned goods that will last without refridgeration? Where is the powdered milk, and the ENSURE and the baby formulas? Maybe there is something wrong with me, but I think the starving would be better served by sending them staples! Once they are back on their feet THEN comes the treats. Mom always said if she had flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs and milk that we would not starve. We did not. We did not always eat correctly but we never went hungry. EVER. Lots of waffles, and biscuits and gravy and pancakes, and bread. And lots of Jam in the cupboard, and powdered milk. We had beans and cornbread, a LOT. With salt pork, not ham hocks. And Dad would make Mulligan Stew with a bit of hamburger. SO we ate and we learned to catch our fish, and dig our clams, and eat venison, and elk and bear. We were just always very very lucky to live in places where we COULD live off the land if we had to. And we NEVER had coke or Pepsi or potato chips. No wonder our children are out of shape.

Donna went over the mountains to see her husband this weekend and took Tilly with her. AHHHHHHH Peace! Sadie slept all night cuddles up with me, and not in her pen. And no boo-boos in the house either!! GOOD GIRL! She has come in here twice and barked and wanted to go outside, so I let her out and she runs all over the yard looking for Tilly. I think she misses her! They fight like mad when they are together, but she sure misses her today.

Another show tonight, so another late day! Then Tomorrow, I am taking my friend Barbara to the matinee, and then we are going out to dinner. She has been so busy since Butch died, and needs to slow down and relax. So this was a perfect excuse to get her to do so. I sure wish she could retire and enjoy her home. I would love to have her around more often. We are planning a weekend at her place in south Bend this fall, and then a trip to Oregon to the Lewis and Clark celebration. I am looking forward to that!

Well I have blathered on long enough, and have not said anything worth saving, so I will sign off for today and save my brain cells for another good post on Monday. I hope.

what's want to read about? Let me know and I will try and accommodate you.

Stay safe and dry!

No comments: