Friday, September 23, 2005

TGIF....

Let's try Dark purple today...

I read on my comments that Leslie has put out peanuts and walnuts in her feeders too. The squirrels LOVE them. I also read somewhere, And I cant remember WHERE that peanuts will GROW where they are stashed (buried) by the squirrels. They must be RAW peanuts, right? I need to know more about this. Who's blog was it on? I went in to Albertson's after the show last night to get some bread and peanuts. I noticed that the mixed nuts are really really cheap right now, so I think I will stock up on these. I have a friend who has a walnut tree in his yard, and I get walnuts anytime I can get them away from HIS squirrels. ( :) ) I think I have 5 Douglas and THREE gray ones now along with 1 chipmunk. I just love the wildlife. I only wish I had a raccoon or two. I know they are in the woods, but they NEVER come in the yard. I have seen them out front on the street, but NEVER in my yard. The Deer were out in the woods last night, you could hear the cracking of the dry branches, as they came in closer. They know it is hunting season, and the woods behind me are off limits, and they seem to know they are safe there.



susie walnut

This is a really bad picture because I was rushing, and the screen blurred the picture, but this is the gray squirrel running off with a walnut in her mouth. It is even funnier with Lola, cause she is only about 6 inches long. The walnut is as big as her head, but she gets it!

It got really cold last night, my feet were two blocks of ice!! Could not get them warm at all, so I pulled out my fleecy socks and put them on, and woke up an hour later with my feet on FIRE!! There does not seem to be a happy medium. Getting older is the SHITS isn't it? And sometimes literally!!


I hope all you Texans and Louisianans are safe and dry. Looks like this time the powers that were sposed to, DID! Lessons learned! I would not be surprised to see the Mayor of N.O. and the Governor of LA. NOT get re-elected. Some body dropped the ball there and kicked it out of bounds, and NO ONE is admitting it. Yeah I know the GOV. Did, but Nagin did not. In fact he almost caused another mass drowning, by opening up his town to returnees, only to have to tell them to get out again. And a good thing they did, as I see that the dikes have been topped. What a shame. And no one has said anything else about Philippe that is sitting out there in the Atlantic. And we are only half way through the season. Whoo-boy.

Uh-Oh!! Quakes in California, and Mt St Helens is burping again!! Vancouver Island is moving ever so slowly towards Japan, and here we sit right in the middle. Mama Nature does not appear too happy right at this moment does she? Even sending out huge sun flares. hmmmm....Makes ya wonder doesn't it?

No comments: