Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Fixed!!!!

Another night of no sleep. I wish I knew what was up with me. I am so sleepy, so I put my book down, hang up my glasses, turn out the lamp and cuddle down and fall right to sleep...For about 45 min. Then I am wide awake! My body and my mind says I am tired but the rest of me says nope, been there done that now you are awake! I hate this. This morning I finally got to sleep around 400 and woke up at 900. Got up fixed a pot of terrible coffee, got dressed, and around noon I was so sleepy I had to go lay down. Took a 15 min cat nap and was wide awake again. I went to bed around midnight, and read until 100 then went to sleep, and now here it is 200, and I am wide awake again! ARRGGHHHH!! If I take Zyrtec for my allergies, I sleep all day, and all night, so that is out. I just want to go to sleep at a reasonable hour, sleep for 8 hours and wake up at a reasonable hour. I don't think that is asking too much.

I have had the weirdest thing going on with my computer. I could not get to Amazon.com at all. We have tried EVERYTHING and no luck. Could not go to Borders books either. Or ebay! So Blogeois' wonderful Husband WS talked me through setting up a network meeting, so he could look at my computer from 300 miles away. (magic folks, sheer magic!) but with my crap dial-up I could not get there. SO he talked me through downloading a website that would take care of the problem. It did. What is really weird about this is that there were only a few other people this had happened to, and he found one other person listed in google that fixed it, and that is where we went. It did fix the problem and now I can go there, but now WS is trying to find out what or who caused the problem, and why. There were about 35 URLs listed that I could not get to.
I am not going to list them here for fear of triggering the mess again. It did not appear to be a worm or virus, but I did save the fix-it site. It took us about 2 hours on the phone, with my CRAP dial-up kicking me off every so often.

THANK YOU WS!!!!!!! You are The MAN!!! :)

OOOO I so love this new attribute. At least it is new to me. Now if I can just remember how to change the background color....

It is rather cold tonight. I almost thought about pulling out the electric blanket and getting all warm and cozy. Too early yet though. I did pull the window half way shut though. I puttered out in the yard for awhile this afternoon. The sun was warm and the breeze was chilly, just PERFECT!! I filled the feeders again, and changed the water in the bird baths. The baby birds have learned how to play in the water, and they go get really dusty and then splash in the bird bath, It is so much fun to watch them play, clean or whatever they are doing. I thought I was gonna have to run out and rescue one of them because he looked like he was drowning, but he perked right up and flew away. Babies are so cute. All downy and bright. And skitterish. They are learning fast though. And soon they will have to learn to survive through the cold winter.

I painted a CD cabinet today and will finsih it tomorrow. It was black and I hated it, so I thought If I painted it to match the office, that I could put my cd's and DVD's there, and have them handy. Then I can get all of my photos off the hard drive and onto CD's so I wont lose them. might just make the PC run faster too.

I guess Blogger is back up now, as I seem to be typing this right into the template, so I will try and publish and see if it works. Better save it first. Learned my lesson the hard way! ;)



No comments: