Monday, September 26, 2005

Navy blue deer...

It is really getting cold here at night. THe sky is crystal clear, and the heat from the day just dissapates, leaving the air brisk and just hovering above the 40 degree mark. Sure makes for some pretty nights and star watching. The moon does not come up until after midnight, so the milky way is brightly shining.

Tonight coming back from the playhouse, I drove along the back way, through the park, and along the bluff looking over the strait and the Olympic Mountains. THe sky
was just turning orange from the setting sun, and the mountains were sillhouetted in navy blue against the orange/mauve sky. I was looking for a good spot to stop and take a picture from.

I noticed there was a cruise ship just heading out to sea, and all you could see was the stern, and all the lights on the decks. It was so peaceful. I decided there probably was not enough light to get a good exposure with my digital and I did not have my 35mm with me. DRAT!! As I drove through Fort Casey, I looked over to the beach wall, and there sillhouetted against the sky was a herd of deer, just standing there, a picture perfect opportunity and I was not prepared!! GRRRRRRRRRR I knew that by the time I got home and got my other camera ready the light would be gone. There wont be another one like that in a while. Orange/mauve sky and navy blue deer and mtns. DAMN!!!

As I drove along the strand I looked on down the sound towards Seattle, and there all lined up and heading out were 3 more cruise ships. all with their cabin lights on and all full of happy people heading out on a wonderful cruise. I so wish I could go on one some day.

No comments: