Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Just a little nap...

Well I have been sleepy all day long. I got to take my Zyrtek because I did not have a show today, and I was wheezing really badly, so I took one, and slept. I hate to take them because even though I take them at bedtime, I am awake until dawn, and then I sleep all day long. Maybe I should try them in the morning. Tonight I took one, and went right to sleep!! Yay!! But only for 1 1/2 hours! Boo! Then I decided that I would just get up and fix a cup of double strength blueberry tea. SO I did. Tastes good too, just cant stand to look at it. I take coffeemate in my coffee, the powdered kind, or cream or canned milk. SO I put some in my tea tonight and it curdled into chunks. YUCK! But they did not feel nor taste like soured milk, so I just closed my eyes and drank it.

I heard from an ex-blogger friend from Tennessee, tonight, and she said to tell everyone hello, and that she is fine and did not get hit too hard from the storms. She has another kitty now too. She would love to get back into blogging but made a promise that she would not. SOOOOOO We just email every so often. It is really amazing what friends this blogging phenomena has brought to me. Even the ones that have had to quit, like Dorothy K. And TW, and Leslie (USA), and Carol C. All will answer a long lengthy email when I send them one, or a card on their birthday.

I had to postpone my Friday night Date with Bob this last week, because I had a show and he did not want to go again. SO I baked Halibut tonight, and he came over with a DVD to watch. The Halibut was fresh, right out of the freezer, but really fresh and only dead for an hour or so when he got frozen. It was soooo good! I had tried grilling it before, and it just got all dried out and taste-less, so tonight I baked it on a bed of sliced onions and garlic paste. Poured 1 cup of white wine, some fresh rosemary right from the garden, and dotted it with butter then baked it skin side up for about 45 minutes. Oh Yummy!! Nice and moist and flaky! It could have used some dill on it though, I will try that next time. Cooked some winter squash with it too and that made a really good fall meal.

It is almost time to head over the mountains and get some apples and pears, and take more pictures of the fall color over there. Maybe around October 6 or so. Phyllis will be on vacation and maybe she would like to go.

Well my eyes are starting to droop again, time to get another hours sleep. Last night the fog was lying thick on the water, and there was a lot of traffic heading out. SO all night long BOOP, BOOP, BOOP. The big ships with their fog horns blowing would toot every three minutes. SO I laid awake listening to them. I could hear a big one coming up the sound and turning into the strait and I could also hear a big coming down the strait and turning into Puget Sound. Their horns were far apart and really low, then they got louder and closer until they were practically on top of each other. I was waiting for the sound of a CRUNCH and then the whoopwhoopwhoop of a collision horn, but all I got was their horns getting farther and farther apart, until they were well out of hearing distance. Another disaster avoided. The radar that the pilots have on their boats now are really something. They can see right through the fog and make out birds sitting on driftwood!!!

See ya tomorrow.

No comments: