Saturday, January 14, 2006

Uh Lord? What's a cubit?

27 straight days of Rain, and still coming...

When I was a lot younger, Bill Cosby had an album of comedy out. On it was a monologue he had as Noah, talking to God. And it was so funny, I remember the line in my title and remember laughing at it. Now I am thinking that Maybe I had better start getting my ark ready for travel. It actually did not rain very much right here on Friday, but it dumped on Seattle, which is where they measure the rain at. There is a very slim chance that we will have sun breaks on Sunday, and if it is timed just right, we might break this streak. 33 days is the record from 1953, and if we do break it, we will be the longest period of rain at one stretch. A tad bit wet!

Even with all of the rain down here and the snows in the Mountains, we are still really really dry for the year. Places that usually fill up and form little lakes in the pastures are still dry, and even Hastie Lake is waaaay down still. We need this water to fill our reservoirs back up. We also need it to generate our electricity that we sell to California. ( >:( ) there has been 7 feet of snow dumped on Mt Baker this week, and it still is no where near the record that it set world wide in 1998! So even though we are wet, and some of the lowland creeks lakes and rivers are flooding, we are not yet up to capacity.

Tonight Bob and I went to see Chronicles of Narnia! I highly recommend it to anyone! It was a darling little movie! There were only about 10 of us old farts in there, so it must be on it's way out, it has been here for three weeks already. We left the theater and then went to dinner. I could get used to this eating out all the time stuff. I like not having to cook. We had Pork Tenderloin, with apple chutney, and mashed potatoes and gravy. GOOD STUFF!

I am trying to finish an old afghan that I had started waaay back there, and never finished. I was trying to make each square a different colored flower (cabbage Rose) so I never got very far on it. Since I am going through things and sorting out and stashing away, and organizing, I ran across it, and pulled it out. I should be through with it by the end of next week. I have been a crocheting fool. THe squares are the cabbage rose, with green leaves, and the main color is black which sets it off beautifully. I had planned it for a king size bed, and was going to use it as a bedspread, so I had to deconstruct the ones I had sewed together, and redo the main color. It is impressive! Even if I do say so myself.

I want this year to be the year that I finish projects. Lord knows I have enough of those floating around to last for SEVERAL years. I really need to paint the front porch and the deck. But not until it dries out. I need to finish the floors. the transition strips still are not down from 4 years ago. (ok, ok!) I still have to paint the ceiling in the living room, and I still have to paint my bedroom and install the wallpaper border around the ceiling.

I am finally getting sandy eyes, so I am going to once again try to get some sleep. I went to bed at 1100 and fell right to sleep, and then woke up at 130 wide awake. Pisses me off!! But I am retired, I can do that if I need to. back to bed. See you when the sun comes up. or it gets light.

No comments: