Tuesday, January 10, 2006

ACK!!!!! 60!!! ACK!!!!!!

23rd straight day of rain...Record is 33...Will we make it?



By the time you read this I will be 60 years OLD. What bothers me the most about being this age, is not being able to do the things I dreamt about when I had no time to do the things I dreamt about! The actual YEARS don't bother me as much as my back and my knees do. I have a very young soul, and have never felt like I was an adult. I am very child-like in my actions. I think that if there is such a thing as reincarnation, that I must be on my first or second recycle. If I lived before I think it was late 18th or early to mid 19th century America. Frontier type. I do not think I was poor, but not rich either, maybe a wife of a merchant, or else a native American.

When I first saw the Rocky Mountains, it was late in the day crossing south Dakota on I-90 I believe, and I glimpsed tiny little white mountain tops way off on the western horizon. I was so disappointed, as I expected them to be HUGE. I did not realize we were still miles and miles away from them.

Once we crossed out of south Dakota and were heading through Wyoming into Montana, I had a feeling come over me that I had been there before, and I really never had been. It was a chill running through my blood that I was coming home. I had no idea why, but I knew the higher I climbed into those Mountains that I belonged there. I felt like the mountains themselves were calling to me and that the ghosts of my ancestors (or maybe my own ghost) were trying to tell me that I had lived there before. I don't know why.

All of my ancestors lived in either Oregon, North Dakota, Norway, Ireland or Texas/Oklahoma. None that I have been able to find lived in the Rockies.

Reincarnation of course does not mean that you come back into the same family. If it does exist, you may not even have the same genetic material at all. I think it is your soul that changes and grows older with each reincarnation you go through.

I have met people that are old beyond their years, in thinking, and in their actions, and I have met people that were lots older than they acted. I think my Mother was an old soul. My Dad was getting there. I think I am a young soul, and I KNOW my daughter is.

Dreams:

I have been having some weird dreams lately about my house washing away. Now I realize we are being dumped on rain wise, but this is really strange. It is impossible to relate to you what the dreams are all about, and have them make any sense at all, but the first dream was about moving into my brand new house...And then someone built a house right behind me , then the tide came in and washed it away, I stuck my head out the upstairs window, and looked down the street and all the houses were being washed away, like in a hurricane or tsunami, and my house was flooded, but did not wash out to sea. SO strange.

Last night I dreamt that I was walking along West Beach Road before the houses were built wall to wall along it. I was watching the tide, and it was really stormy. I looked over the driftwood and the house that I had loved for years was up to the roof in sand and the tide was coming in fast. I moved up to the road, and it too was underwater, and Swantown lake was full, so basically the water was from the lake to the beach, flooding everything. I was sloshing along it and someone came along and gave me a ride through the water to high ground. WEIRD!

Now You all know that I sleep with my head out the window every night, and with all the wind and rain we have had the past 3 weeks, it is a small wonder that I have dreamt I was drowning!!

WEATHER:

Things are flooding like crazy, all the rivers on the southwest part of the state are on flood watch, and they just now announced that the Skagit is on flood watch too. Hmmm better go to Michaels really soon and stock up on yarn, in case we get stranded. They are expecting us to break the 33 day record. It was set in 1953, and we are already on the 3rd longest stretch ever recorded. It is really something. I read Pureland mountain every evening, and Japan is having record breaking snow fall. SO much that roofs of houses are collapsing under all the weight of the snow. California is being saturated with rain also, while Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas are all under drought and fire watches. Man Mama is really pissed isn't she?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Just stopping by to wish you many happy returns and let you know there is a card coming your way via snail mail xxx

I hope you stay warm and dry - we are having a lot of rain here too *hugs*