Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Finally!!!


afghan

As you can see the picture does not do this justice, I will try to get a better picture once the sun comes out. My camera is in low light mode, and I cant remember how to get it off. I will play some and hopefully get a close up of one of the squares, so you can see the detail in the black. I am pretty proud of this one too.
Bob told me to auction it off on Ebay, and I told him, I could not get what it cost me to make! He did not understand, until I told him that the YARN itself did not cost much 20.00 total, but the 80 hours plus that I put into it had to be factored in also, and at a low rate of 10.00 an hour, I would have to charge at LEAST 1000.00 for it and NO ONE would pay that much for a hand crafted 30 year old afghan!!

(WOULD THEY? Hmmmmmmm)

No comments: