Monday, January 30, 2006

Busy busy busy...



With all of this rain, there is no way I am getting out and working in the yard. So as I mentioned in previous posts, I drug out my 18 year old box of crochet projects, and almost finished the unfinished projects. I made mine, I made the multigenerational one, I finished the one Bob hates, and now I am working on this one for Donna. This one is actually a brand new project, and I think I may finish this one by the weekend!

I ran out of yarn so Saturday I ran in to walmart and bought 4 more skeins of no dye lot cherry red! And it did not match!! I was pissed!!!! It was just a shade off. So after making two squares and putting them beside the others I had finished, and noticed the shade difference, I switched to another skein, and it was dead on!! WHEW!!!!

Donna wanted either a Sow Thistle pattern which we could not find anywhere or a Log cabin pattern. (YUCK) so I decided I would make the rose bower pattern, only all in cherry red, no other color! It is really cool!! She came over yesterday to collect her mail, and she brought the vogue magazine with both of those patterns she wanted. Too late, but the log cabin that is in there is GORGEOUS!!! So rich and elegant, nothing like the ugly strips of yarn crocheting that I have seen on line. So I may plan another afghan. It keeps me out of trouble.

Rusty was called and asked if she would take over the children's performance of POLLYANNA, as the other director was no longer doing it. So we are again teaming up on a show. It is a show between shows, and should not be a big deal. I am just doing the art work and the photos, so that will be easy. I start full out producing my next show CAINE MUTINY COURT MARTIAL next month. Then there is absolutely nothing on the slate! I am hoping I will be selected as a director for next season, but that is the Board's decision. We shall see.

Oh MAN!! It is getting really dark again, so I guess our sunshine is gone. We had about 2 hours of bright sun in between storm systems. Places are flooding, land is sliding, snow is avalanching, rivers are actually changing their course and some places got over 5 inches of rain last night!! And more today!! And tomorrow!! And the next day!!!!!! Somebody send me a towel...

No comments: