Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Over the hump!


24 straight days of rain....10 more predicted!

The Weather reports are getting grimmer and wetter! The lakes are filling up and spilling over, and the rivers are all on flood watch. Snoqualmie Falls is at Maximum Flow right now, and is a sight to behold. Normally it is two streams, coming together half way down, bit today it is flowing hard and fast!!

At full flow it is over 36000gallons a second! A lot of water heading down to the lowlands, and into the basements of all the trophy houses that have been built on the 100 year flood plain. The news tonight was full of people bemoaning the fact that their big new houses were all flooding. TSK TSK> come here with all your money, and buy up our cheap farm land to build your trophy houses, without knowing the lay and the history of the land, and you get what you deserve. Yes it is a sad thing to see, and I fully blame the developers who have crossed the local governments palms with money to get the building sites approved. If it was wet 15 years ago, what in God's name makes you think it is gonna be dry forever? We have been in a drought for several years, and right now we are having normal winter. All of the land that used to be available to soak up all the water has now been either clear-cut or paved. The paved land right around the shores, fills up with water and it runs off into the lakes and rivers. DUH!!!! Does not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. I get so DAMN frustrated at developers and contractors who build on top of each other just to make a quick buck. PLAN the new developments, make them earth friendly, hide them with native trees, leave plenty of room for average year run-off, and stay the HELL AWAY from the salmon streams!!!

OK..Rant over. SIGH!!!

Wow What a birthday!! I opened my blog to see all these comments, even from people I have never seen before. Thank You all!! It really meant a lot to me. Your Birthday is YOURS it belongs to YOU, and no one else in your family can have it. SO Birthdays are the one day a year that you should be treated special!
I Was. Phyllis took me out to dinner tonight, to our local Mediterranean/Greek grill. And I had Veal Parmesan, and Greek Salad, topped off with a piece of Birthday Baklava!! Homemade, fresh Baklava!! ALL MINE!! Man it was all so good!!

I got home and sitting on the porch right in front of the front door was a little tiny mini-muffin. A teeny tiny mini muffin with a HUGE tea candle sitting on top of it!! Under them both was a birthday card from my Baby Bro. FUNNY!!! The candle was almost bigger than the muffin. I am surprised that one of our porch critters did not take off with the muffin.

My daughter, called me tonight to wish me a happy birthday, but Tim did not. This is getting scary. He called on Thanksgiving, but NOTHING since then, and he does not call me when I leave a message on his cell phone. I hope he is alright. He is Probably like most Men....MOTHER? You mean I have a MOTHER? Well When did that happen? (GRRRRRRRR!!)

I want to thank you all once again for all of the nice thoughts and well wishes. It really made my day.

the next Birthdays that I have recorded are: Kim (Canada) on the 21, Valkyrie (brainbubbles) on the 22, Barbara (Purple Moose) on the 27, and TA DA!!! WANDA on the 31!!

By the way, It was Bill's Birthday today too.




No comments: