Saturday, January 28, 2006

Storm # 35.....

I swear it feels like it!! I know we have had storm after storm after storm march in here. Last night about 10 pm, the wind started blowing in from the Strait again, and smacked right into the front of the house. By the time I was ready to go to bed at 1130 I noticed that rain was coming in my bedroom window. ODD!! My bedroom faces East! The storm was coming from the West! What had happened was the rain was falling hard, and the wind was blowing just as hard, so it whipped through the 10 feet between the houses, and whipped right around the corner and splatted into my window!

It was 38 degrees STILL! and it was cold again! On went the electric blanket and the afghan! and up came 4 cats! Sadie was in her pen in the bathroom, so she was just fine. I had taken 2 excedrin PM to help the pain in my hip and back, and went right out, and stayed out until Sadie woke me up jumping up and down with her little legs crossed. SHe RAn to the backdoor whinning, and when I got there and opened the door WHOOSH out she ran, and peed for a full 2 minutes!! She was glad to get out. She is Such a good dog!

Right now I have some shortribs thawing in the microwave so I can get them into the oven. I told Bob that I would cook them for dinner tonight, so I guess I had better do so. I know I saw a recipe for some that sounded oh so Nummy, but now I cant remember where it was, Gourmet Magazine I think.

It is sunny and breezy out right now, so I think I am going to take advantage of that fact and head outside for some Vitamin D!! I also need to run to that W store (shudder) and get some more yarn for Donna's afghan! I ran out last night, and I have nothing to crochet!! arrgghhhhh!!!

Catch ya later...

No comments: