Saturday, January 07, 2006

?????

Does it look all right at your end? I THINK I have it all figured out, THanks to both Bill and CJ. Bill left a link, and CJ sent a code. CJ's code worked great, except it put it on top of the main body. so I putzed with the width that CJ sent and that did not work, so I found something that said body and changed the 65% to 60% and it SEEMS to have worked. I will know more when I post.

I tell you! IT RAINED today!! big heavy rain drops!! All day long!! and the clouds were so low that on the higher hills, I was driving through them! We are starting to have mudslides, and already the AMTRAC lines are closed North SOuth because3 of unstable hills.

This is what happens when people move in to the area, see all the beauty and then want to be right up front so they can see it. THey cut down the trees, so they can see their view unobstructed, and then the hillsides become unstable. Now if you throw in the mix of a drain field and no sewer line, and then heavy seasonal rains, you not only have beachfront property, you ARE the beach. Million dollar homes every year slide right into the sound because they thumbed their noses at Mama.

With all the rain we have had this month, the ground is saturated!! It is like walking on a sponge!! so if we were to have a big wind, the tree roots, would not hold, and over they would go onto these homes also. Now really throw in MAMA and have her shake things up a bit, and all these high hills would slide right down the layer of clay that they all have, and right into the SOund.

I am safe, I assume, because I am about 1/2 mile from the water. I am high, but if my hill falls, this whole region is in a world of POOP!

now cross your fingers I am about to publish!!!

No comments: