Thursday, January 12, 2006

And STILL it rains...

25 straight days of rain and counting....


This is what some of the roads in Washington and Oregon look like right now. There has been LOTS of water coming out of these systems on THE PINEAPPLE EXPRESS. As soon as this one right now passes, there will be a slight break in the clouds, and it will get colder. But it will still rain, just not as hard, and then MORE rain after that. Sunday we MIGHT get a 24 hour break, but it is not guaranteed.

Last night coming home from Dinner, there was a break in the clouds and we actually saw stars and an almost full moon. After I left Phyllis' place, and headed out across the prairie, I could see the clouds above Everett/Seattle area, all underlit by the lights of the cities. Looked really cool.

THe birds have been going through the suet blocks like there was no more tomorrow! They are even starting to hang on the empty baskets and stare in the window at me as if to say, "get your sorry ass out here and FEED ME!" I do too. The squirrels have not been out lately either. THey have a tendency to stay holed up in inclimate weather. Smart animals. Probably stuffing themselves on all those yummy walnuts and peanuts they carried off this fall. Oh and I should not forget the craisins either, they LOVE those.

THe wind is hitting me pretty hard right now, coming down the STRAIT, out of the West. THe alders are bent over and snapping branches right and left. Just hope I dont get that tall tree aacross the street into my Dining room. I think if it ever does go, it will fall right between mine and Lea's places. hmmmm free cord wood.

SO where ever you are, and you have sunshine, enjoy it. I would love to send some of this reain to you, but alas, my powers are rusting away....

No comments: