Sunday, December 04, 2005

Somebody! Please....





Will somebody PLEASE come put my tree up for me and decorate my house for me? I HATE to do that, especially by myself. My Dad always put the lights on the tree, and when I moved on my own, either a boyfriend, or later my husband would do it. Then Tim loved to put the lights on the tree, and string the extra lights all around the living room, and the bathroom mirrors. He really got into decorating. I HATE IT! I LOVE all the decorations, and nothing is more relaxing than sitting in my chair, in front of the wood stove, listening to Classic KING FM playing Christmas Choral music, and watching the tree lights. (All the other lights have to be out of course.) preferably with a cup of coffee and a glass of Baileys, or a glass of drambuie on the rocks, or a khalua and cream. Yummy.

It is just the dragging out the boxes, setting up the tree so it wont fall over in the stand, watering it so it won't die, then wrapping it with lights, and then putting all the decorations on it. Then putting all the boxes BACK into the garage, and sweeping up all the needles, and then trying to keep the cats out of it for a day or two until they get used to it. THAT is what I hate!

Call me a grinch I guess. I used to love everything about Christmas, but doing it all alone just doesn't seem worth it. No one EVER comes over to visit, EVER, and both kids are gone, and wont be home for the Holidays. They have their own lives to lead now.

When I was a little girl, I envied those friends of mine that had extended family close to them. They would go to their grandparents house for dinner, and see all their cousins etc. We lived FAR away from family, and just made do with the four then five of us. I always said that when I grew up I wanted a big family so they could all come over for Holidays. SO I married a grouch who did not like company, and then later, everybody moved away.

SO if anyone is up this way, give me a call. I will let you decorate my house for me. I will even fix you fudge and hot cocoa! Sounds like a deal, right?

Hello? Anybody there?...Hey...

No comments: