Monday, May 09, 2005

Whupped!!

I now know why God made Young people parents. I have a sick dog, who is very very needy, and a new puppy, who is very very energetic! I have not been able to get anything done today, in spite of getting up at 630. Donna left at 730, and I had the dogs!! I have to keep their food dishes apart, which means that I have to keep one of them outside while the other one eats. IF they eat then. Sadie is a spoiled rotten little girl, used to being the only child. Having a new puppy in the house vying for my atention is not a good thing.

Tilly is a very good puppy. Sadie is a very sick little girl. Mary Lou is a very tired woman. I went to bed at 830 last night, while Bob and Donna were still talking.

Sadie has a skin infection/allergy. She has a staph infection and a yeast infection, and where she got it we dont know. The puppy seems to be ok, and the vet did not see a problem. I have to give her pills twice a day, and it is a chore getting her to swallow them. I thought I had it licked by putting them into a piece of hot dog, but she stuffs them into her cheek, and when I say Good girl! she spits the pills on the floor. ARGGHH. She itches so bad that she has taken the fur off her chest. Her ears are a mess from scratching. I give her a bath every other day in hydrocortisone shampoo, but she just does not seem to be getting any better. The Vet said it might take a full two months. (OH LORD!) SHe is also hiding in dark places, and can not leave my sight. She is such a mess!!

Tilly of course wants to play, Sadie is too sick to, and the cats dont seem to want to either. Tilly goes pottie outside, but she has found a spot in front of the front door, and she will use it if she is not watched. ARRGGHH!!

Right now, I got fed up with them both and put them both out back. They have a nice sunny deck, a big grassy area, lots of birds to chase, lots of dogs to bark at over the fence, and where are they? Tilly is laying by the door howling her puppy whiney howl. Sadie is doing her big girl whiney whimper and jumping up trying to see me in the office window. She knows I am here, but can not see me and all I can see is the tips of her ears as they pass her head going up when she goes down. I am just leaving then out for awhile, so I can get the laundry sorted, and washed, without my undies getting chewed on, or my socks ruined. Or my sweaters peed on. GRRRRRRRR

I finally for the first time in a week got around to all your blogs, and sorta caught up. I have paid my bills, I have eaten lunch, taken my bath, and now I am trying to just zone until time to go to rehearsal. I may just leave them both outside the rest of the afternoon! :)

Lola and Sal have both been here and fed, so they are safe from the dogs. The quail just putt putt putted out of the yard, the pidgeons have flown the coop, and the doves are taking their naps so all is well in the back yard except for the jumping cocker spaniel. boing boing boing!!! She will get tired soon. I hope!!

No comments: