Friday, May 20, 2005

Friday musings...

I am sitting here wondering what the hell I should post about today...You all know that BLOCK that hits just as you really want to write? Yep...Got it!!

So I turn on the local news and there is a story on about an 88 year old woman who won a 2,400,000 lottery ticket. When asked what she intended to do with the money...She said the first thing she wants to buy is one of those long handled toilet brushes so she could reach the toilet bowl to clean it.

LADY!!! WAKE UP!!!! You can afford a freaking MAID Now!!!! I realize that this win is a God send for her, but I would think she would say she was gonna find an apartment where there was around the clock care available if she needed it, or hire a live in worker, to clean and help her out with chores, or buy a NEW house, or something like that, This lady has to be related to Leslie, cause she wants to buy a freaking TOILET BOWL BRUSH!!!!! (only Leslie would think of that!)

Also on the news is the story of a horrible accident North of Edmonton, Alberta. An accident had stopped a bus load of people. (the bus was waiting to get around the accident) several of the people got off the bus to walk around while waiting, when a tractor trailer went out of control and plowed into the bus and the people standing there waiting for the first accident to clear. RCMP is investigating...I would certainly hope so! Why wasn't the truck slowing down when he saw the accident ahead? Surely there were flares out? I really think that something needs to be done about these aggressive truckers. In Nevada, they have the same speed limit as cars do, which is 80 MPH on the interstate, but since there are very few cops there, they push it! And they truly will run you right off the road if you get in their way!! Scares the crap out of you!!

It has continued to dump rain on us in copious amounts!! Remember last winter when I was saying where is the rain? And that we were gonna pay for the gorgeous weather we had? We are!! Problem is, that the snow pack isn't replenishing the reservoirs, and the rain is just sinking into the ground. Good for the vegetation, bad for us people. Yesterday we had scattered sunshine among thunderstorms, and when it was shining you could hear lawnmowers start up, then the rain would hit with a vengeance, and the mowers would stop. People all over the development have swaths cut through their tall grass, no one has a fully cut lawn. Mine is out of control!!

My itching is getting better but my back is horrible cause I cant reach it to smear the ointment on it. The front of me and my arms are almost finished. (WHEW) I actually got to sleep all through the night. Sadie is much better!!! The cough syrup really helps her sleep. (me too) her itch is still there, although not as bad. And she doesn't stink quite as bad as she did...And THANK YOU LORD FOR THAT!! She smelled like really stinky tennis shoes...GAK!!! She will get a bath this afternoon!!

I am going up tomorrow to meet my first ever Blogger!! Blogeois is going to be in a carshow in Anacortes, and since that is on the next island up, I want to go meet her. I will just look for her fancy car!! Maybe I can even touch it!!

then I go work on the lights for FORUM until 600, and then I meet Barbara an old friend for Dinner. She is the one I went and visited in SW Washington. Her folks still live here, so every other weekend she is up here working around her parents house. I am looking forward to seeing her again. I do not want to lose touch like we have for over 35 years!! It is So sad to miss all of those years.

ARRRGHHHH!!! WILL SOMEONE PLEASE COME SCRATCH MY BACK!!!!

No comments: