Thursday, May 19, 2005

UPDATES on .... everything!

Ok, THis is for David since it is OBVIOUS he does not read comments. (Else he would KNOW!)

Phyllis is having trouble posting. Her blog does not recognize her, and she can not edit or post. She CAN however comment and HAS several times to tell everyone to hang in there. We have sent NUMEROUS emails to blogger and are getting nowhere. She is at her wits end, and may have to start another blog. SHe is sooooo pissed, and misses everybody.

Sadie is still one really sick little girl, but after 3 visits to the Vet, I am of the opinion that Mommie is a worry-wart.

She has among other things, Kennel Cough or Bordatella Virus. Probably caught from Tilly. The timing is right, and Tilly's litter mate, has it!! (GRRRR) so SHe is coughing like mad, and is really really tired, but I am giving her RObitussin (who KNEW?) and she and I both sleep through the night. She still has a horrid itching problem, ANd the vet says that it should clear up with in a few weeks. (WEEKS!!!?????) She is on Antibiotics, prednisone, and a med for Yeast infection also. THe latest Visit is where they put her back on Prednisone for the itching. They also gave her a shot for Scarcopic Mange. (EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!) THe skin problems probably came from the groomers, which means that after dealing wiht Liz for over 15 years, I find another groomer!! Can't have this happening again!! So Sadie scratches, and itches, and coughs and is generally one miserable puppy, but she will recover nicely. (or so the Dr's tell me. I however may not)

Now on to me and MY itchy skin...I have a horrid rash all over my trunk and arms! I thought it was from Sadie, and I thought it was Mites, or a yeast infection. After spending the night getting up every 3 hours to pour Calydryl Lotion all over me, and just being downright miserable myself, I went to the Dr yesterday.

They have no clue what it is, but it is not mites, and not a yeast infection, so Either Sadie is misdiagnosed or it is just a coincidence! I have been told that the scratching has just made it worse, and That I have very dry skin. (I pour lotion all over me every day...) It could also be a reaction to the Glipizide I have been on for YEARS!! Meanwhile, I am taking Zyrtec, and have a topical ointment to use every day. And I bathe in Aveeno Oatmeal treatment. This just royally SUCKS!!!
I am changing my PJ's and Sheets every day, and I never wear clothes twice without washing them in HOT water. I paint SUCH a pretty picture of life in the Animal House, HUH?

No comments: