Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum


Lycus the pimp

I have been very busy the past few days working on getting the show ready to open next week. As of last night, I think I can say we finally have a SHOW!! Rusty is directing this Roman COmedy, and it is a hoot. The Story line is about a slave Pseudolus that wants to buy his freedom from his Young Master Hero, who is in love with a Virgin from The House Of Lycus, a House of ill repute. Unfortunately, Philia, the Virgin is sold to Miles Gloriosus, a Capt in the Roman Legion. THe Fun starts when Pseudolus and Hysterium his slave-master, get involved. FUNNY!!! I have laughed every night, and I could he parts by heart. This cast is so funny.

THe picture up there, is Bobby, Rusty's Husband who got rooked into the part, because not enough men showed up for auditions. I crack up at his outfit!! He is soooo funny!!

THe show stopper is when the four men, Senex, Pseudolus, Lycus and Hysterium, all sing the song "A Maid". God what a funny bit!! They even crack themselves up!! If any of you are anywhere near here between June3-25, stop on by and see this. I guarantee you will laugh.

So if you dont see me around your places for a few days, be patient, I am busy photoshopping 200 pictures for the show. The lights throw a really pink light on stage, which turns the pictures really red, so I have to get the red out of each and every one. (GRRR) I also have to finalize the Program, and get some press releases written for press night on Friday. I will be hit and missing reading all of your blogs, but I will be here. You can always email me if you need to know something...dreamer(at)galaxynet(dot)com/

No comments: