Monday, May 02, 2005

Lola's Back!!!


Lola!

I woke up this morning and was sitting there in my bedroom window watching the Birds. THe Hummingbirds were almost stabbing each other with their beaks fighting over the big feeder by my window. They had drained the other three, and mine was almost empty too. I noticed a strange bird, and heard it's call and discovered it was a bronze headed cowbird, with his mate. I was watching them, and I noticed a brown movement in the WIsteria, and thought it was another sparrow, when all of a sudden out pops LOLA!!!

I had not seen Lola since last year, SO I was certain she had been breakfast or dinner for the sparred owl. (a cross between a spotted and a barred owl) I was very glad that she had discovered her way to the feeders. I am one of those bird people who LIKES the squirrels, and I encourage her and her family to come into the yard. "Little Loud Mouth" on the other-hand, Loves to chase them, so I have to keep her in when I see the critters out.

I am hoping this means that there will be more Squirrels this year. SO far I have just seen Lola, and no more. But the owls were hooting like crazy last night in my alders, so there must be some kind of feast out there for them. Lola is Diurnal, and the Owls are Nocturnal so hopefully she is safe.

I do love my spring critters!! I even had 2 pair of quail in the yard yesterday!! Whoot!!

No comments: