Sunday, February 13, 2005

Times a changin'....


Sunday

When I was a child I was raised as a protestant, and had very few contact with the catholic church. The few friends I did have that were Catholic always told me about how afraid they were of the Sisters at the church. I held this view well into my teen years, when I met my best friend, Donna Marie. She was a devout Catholic, and helped me understand better the Catholic Church. You see I was treated as part of her family, and her Mom's family was all right here in Seattle, All of the family would get together often for birthdays, and anniversaries etc.

Her Aunt was a nun. The very first Nun that I had ever really known. She was a hoot! Cracked jokes, wore short skirts, and blew away my vision of the Catholic sisters.

When I married Jim, He was a catholic, and we raised our family according to the Catholic Church. Chemystery went to Catholic School and was schooled my sisters. I got to know them quite well. And they too were nothing like the vision I had held my entire life.

This picture just shows how much of a sense of humor they have, and how really down to earth they can be, with feelings, and joys, and sorrows, just like the rest of us. I laughed when I saw this and thought. You've come a long way baby...

No comments: