Wednesday, February 16, 2005

AWWWW!!! She made me CRY!!

I got up late this morning, and slowly came in to do my blogwalk. I have it in a certain order, and started down the list. I opened CJ's page and started reading. At first I got scared because when she is really ill, Gary or Donna post for her, and they don't use the blinkies and the smilies that she peppers her pages with. There were none showing. CJ is battling a long hard battle with Cancer of anything you would care to name. She is fighting it hard and has a lot of courage, so when I saw the page just full of words My heart dropped to my toes. As I read, It was apparent that CJ did indeed write it. I was so relieved because she was writhing about a good friend she has found, and I smiled, just knowing she was gonna say it was this person or that person, but I was wrong!! She wrote about ME!!! I was floored!! I was so HONORED! I was so teary eyed. And I don't get teary eyed.

You see, I am retired, and to keep busy I have started crafting. I Blog daily, and I get wrapped up in the lives of those I read. I also make my own cards. It is fun, and helps ME keep track of the seasons. This year, I sent out Valentines to a certain few who I thought needed an uplift or to those who have really touched my life. CJ was one of the people who got a card. And she was so touched, she wrote a whole PAGE about ME! I did not do anything but design and send out a few cards and a few bookmarks.

Doing a good deed, just warms your soul! I have never been able to make friends easily, as I am so afraid of getting hurt. (management does that to ya!) And since I retired, I have found a mountain of friends that I have never met, but hope to some day. Sending out these simple handmade cards helps ME feel good. It is also so very nice to know that the 37 cents I spent on the stamp meant a million dollars to the person that got it.

Thank You for the Honor of being Blogged Forward CJ. And I will see what I can do to find someone else worthy of the honor of being Blogged Forward.

I just wish that my cards could cure cancer. At least they made the journey easier for some.

*SNORF*

No comments: