Sunday, February 20, 2005

THE HUMMERS ARE BACK!!!

Yeehaw!!! My first hummingbird hit the feeder at 800 this morning! Everything was still frozen, but the bottom half of the feeder was not, so she sat and drank for about 5 minutes, then flew off. It was a female. Whether it was an Anna's or a Rufous I wont know, because they are both feathered the same. THe only way to tell for sure is to see the males. The males do not like the cold, and go into a state of tupor when it dips too low.

We have had the mosot beeeuuuutiful weather the past week. and it is sposed to stay that way until March!! Un real!!! Cold, and clear, and just wonderful. It gets down into the 20's at night, and warms up to the 50's during the day. We usually have our coldest weather the first part of Feb, but never this long, or this pretty. It would not be unusual for us to have a really wet, floppy, deep snow in March either. THe Easter Bunny has been twarted on his egg hiding, more than one year!

I had the worst headache yesterday, could not kick that puppy, and I slept 12 hours last night! Still feel a bit groggy, but I realized that I did NOT have any coffee yesterday! I got up and ran into town first thing, and putzed around and forgot my coffee until too late to have any. SO Donna is making a pot right now, and that should help the head a lot.

Less than 1 month until SPRING!! (or fall for Michelle and Val.)

No comments: