Saturday, February 12, 2005

A funny...

It was the day after Christmas at a church in San Francisco. The pastor of
the church was looking over the cradle when he noticed that the baby Jesus
was missing from among the figures. Immediately he turned and went outside
and saw a little boy with a red wagon, and in the wagon was the figure of
the little infant, Jesus. So he walked up to the boy and said, "Well, where
did you get Him, my little friend?" The little boy replied, "I got him
from the church." "And why did you take him?" The boy said, "Well, about
a week before Christmas I prayed to the little Lord Jesus and I told him if
he would bring me a red wagon for Christmas I would give him a ride around
the block in it.

I do not often post touchy feely things. But this one warranted a spot on the ether. My long lost friend Sue Wylie sent this to me, (found each other at Christmas) and It was so cute I had to pass it along.

Sue worked for me YEARS ago. She worked in Toyland one Christmas, was divorced and raising two teenagers on her own. She was behind the Layaway counter and this good looking Officer was in line buying toys for his kids for Christmas. He looked at her and said, "Were't you the girl on the bed at the a party some time back?" SHe was so embarrassed, (she WAS...) and a few weeks later, they were dating. The rest is history. Pete and Sue have been married for almost 25 years. He just recently retired from Flying for Delta Airlines. She has become a lady of leisure, and they are such a cute couple even now!

So at least once a week I get a really cute one from her.

I may be scare for awhile, posting when I get the chance, as my house needs some SERIOUS attention. I am NOT a housekeeper, but when it gets so bad that even I cant stand it, it is time to clean up. Sadie has found the used kleenex sack in the living room and now there is shredded tissue everywhere. And Ethel and Chitters are losing their winter coats in big clumbs, so I just HAVE to clean house!!!

Wish me luck, and if you have not heard from me in several days, send help...

No comments: