Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Plum Jam....and other things

I ordered some new cord jeans from Lane Bryant a few weeks ago, because I have almost worn out the ones I bought when I retired! I anxiously awaited them because I LOVE new clothes. They got here yesterday. I ripped open the blue plastic bag that they ship things in now days, and in it were more plastic bags. I ripped those open too. I ordered the carpenter style jeans along with the 5 pocket. THey are AWFUL!!!! the material is thin, the legs are HUGE, and the worse thing of all....THEY DONT FIT!!!! I checked, and they are the same size as the ones I was wearing, but they lack about 4 inches from buttoning. I tried on the 5 pocket cords, and the material was fine, the legs were fine but they dont fit either!!! I am just so bummed!!!! I knew I had gained weight since going on Insulin (one of the catch-22'S of being a diabetic) but the others fit, and I had to take the waist in 2 inches on them...took a 1" dart at the waist in the back. They still fit fine. and are the same size. So now I have to pkg them all back up neatly and send them back for a bigger size. I held them up to the ones I was wearing and the waist is the same. So why do they not fit?

Because MOM, dear daughter says, the waist on the old ones stretches, these don't! Well SHIT! says I! I know if I order them to fit the waist, the legs and butt are gonna be waaaay too big. One of the problems of being shaped like an apple on toothpicks. BIG tummy, no ass, no legs.

So I am sitting here this morning drowning my problems in an english muffin with homemade yellow plum jam !! Tastes good too!

The Neighbors have a little black kitten they keep outside. It yells and yells to get inside, all night long!! Poor little baby!! well just now, Sadie is yapping her head off, and I go out to see why, and she has the little black kitten cornered under a rhododendron bush, and it is screaming, and in the HALLOWEEN KITTIE position, and Sadie wants it BAAAAD!!! I pick it up and put it back on the 6 ft wooden fence that it climbed over, and it is purring and purring and yelling at me the whole time I am petting it. I think it thinks the bird feeder is an h'orderve tray for kitty cats. NOT!!

I am trying to learn FRONT PAGE for the Playhouse, so I can change it's webpage . I am having a time. I need to be shown!!! I have the book, and the tutorial, but what I do not have is PATIENCE.

Beautiful Fall day out this day. Sun shining, everything still wet from the deluge we got yesterday, THe sky clean from the big wind we had and the air is fresh and cool! I just love days like this. I even had to get up and find some socks to sleep in as my feet were freezing. YAY!!!! sooon it will be time to head over the mountains for some fall color! gotta wait until the first freeze though. I may head up into the Kootenay's and wander around. THe show will have closed and I wont have anything to worry about rushing home for. May just take my lappie and go!

The coyotes were yapping big time about 400 this morning. Even got the wolves howling and yipping. ( we have three hybrid wolves on the next block, and they are soooo neat to hear late at night, and they are well cared for, and in an enclosure that they can not escape from.) Any way the coyotes are teaching their pups to hunt right now, and they are after anything that moves. THe deer are out thick right now, and I think they are running them. I have no rabbits this year at all, sont know if it is because of the coyotes, or the fact that the petunias did not fare as well as last year. I suspect Coyotes. I have not seen any Lola's either, None of them!! I think that is a SAdie problem. SO next spring I need to fence Sadie off from the garden and the bird feeders.

I have a big yard, so I can fence off 1/3 of it and she will still have access to the deck, and the yard, and the grass.

EGADS It is noon already, and I still have not gotten dressed!! better publish and get my fat arse in gear huh...

No comments: