Saturday, September 18, 2004

More brain droppings.

I had to go in to the Playhouse today for a class on Grant writing. 2 hours worth, and basically all I learned was buy this book. Nothing on where to go on the internet to find all of this grant money. She did give us some pointers on how to win the grants by making sure your Proposal was done properly.

I need to know where on this vast network of 0's and 1's I can find philanthropists who would be willing to hand me over some money for our Community Theater. I guess I will spend a day and surf google.

After the class I relieved Janis and worked for another 3 hours. I can not believe the number of people who expect you to make their decisions for them. Which seats are the best (there are no bad seats) which night do you think I should come? (I have no clue) Should I bring the kids? (NO, NEVER) ok print out those tickets for Friday.....(print, print, print) here you go. OH I think I should go on Thursday night... OK(rip up those tickets print up the new ones) oh maybe I should stick with Friday...(ARRGGGHHH) This actually happened. I finally had to tell the sweet little old lady that I cant make her decision for her, but that Thursday would give her Friday night off for Dinner. She went for it. (WHEW) I spent 30 minutes with this dear soul, and she spent 24.00! BUT she knew my sister. And she Knew My sisters Neighbor. Small town.

I came home and the kitten was waiting for me. No answer next door. I sat on the porch this evening and fed him and petted him and talked to him while he ate. Poor little baby. He is only about 3 months old. And quite the talker. He did not want to come in tonight though, I guess he remembered the cats from last night.

Our cougar Kittens are going to the Memphis, Tenn Zoo or wildlife preserve, so they have all been rescued. WHEW!!! It was touch and go there for awhile. I can't understand people that want to destroy baby animals. I know they grow up and eat people, but.....

I have so much to talk about, but since Phyllis reads this blog and it is her Christmas present I want to talk about, I can't. After Christmas I will. We all have agreed that our Christmas gifts have to be home made. And it has been a challenge trying to come up with things that are useful and can be made at home. My brother carves, so we get Knot Heads (he takes a knot out of a piece of wood and turns it into a mans head and face. ) Sherry made us wood carriers out of Upholstery samples, Phyllis made smoked salmon, and salad dressing, and I made jelly one year, bread one year and candy another year. This year I am making............Oh I cant tell. (TEE HEE) now that I have her attention...(LOLOLOLOL)

We are wrapping up the next to last weekend of the Cemetery Club and It is selling out fast. The actors are having a few problems amongst themselves, but I think They will make it ok. I have one actress who is on medication for Bi-polar conditions and she can make you cry in a minute, but when she is off her meds, oh my God, It is like a totally different person.

I am rambling on and not saying much of anything, so I am going to go blogwalk a little. Then go to bed. Tomorrow I will try to post something really profound. Ha....Fooled you!

No comments: