Monday, September 20, 2004

Flannel Nite shirt

Last night as I was sitting here typing the last post, I was thinking of how fast the weather changed. In August, I was complaining about how hot it was, and how I could not wait until I was cold again. I got Cold! I sleep with the bedroom window open, all year. I also have the window in the office wide open. I got COLD!

I closed the office window, and sat here chilled and enjoyed it. My feet were two cubes of ice. That I can’t stand. I am an Insulin dependant Diabetic, and one of the things I have to watch is my feet. I go through sever burning in my feet, and then ice cold. I like right in between thank you very much! I decided that since I was alone, I was gonna take a hot shower and go to bed early.

I got Sadie corralled, and she went Nite-nite so I just crawled into bed. I was COLD! So I put on my flannel nightshirt and my big fuzzy socks got out the wool Pendleton blanket, folded it in half and put it across the bottom of the bed. I crawled in and flipped onto my tummy and started reading. I am in the middle of Sandra Brown’s newest book, WHITE HOT and I usually read a few chapters before I get comfortable enough to fall asleep. Last night it was 3 pages! I turned off the light and snuggled down, and smelled the cold air coming through the window. AHHHH It smelled just like fall, crisp and full of the smell of the fog coming in off the sea. The trees were whispering with the breeze, as the leaves have not fallen yet. It was a big feeling of comfort. I had 4 cats on my bed, all vying for the part of the wool blanket that I did not have. And my feet were warm. Not hot, warm.

I so enjoy hunkering down in the bed, and breathing cold air. It is revitalizing for me. SO the bedroom window stayed open. I woke up at 700 to let Sadie out, and the thermometer on the porch said it was 40 degrees. I know that it was closer to freezing than that last Night. I want one of those thermometers that tell you what the coldest was, and the hottest was. I have been saying that it is colder than usual, and I was right. I fully expect a snowfall before Thanksgiving. Now I have not specified which Country’s Thanksgiving, as I Know you guys North of me celebrate it in October right? So maybe before then; Maybe not until before November 26.

I have the office window open again today, but I am considering closing it. I am chilly. It is only 330 in the afternoon, but I am chilly. I have on slipper socks, and a sweater. I do not want to have to fire up the wood stove until Nov 1. It’s just an arbitrary date, but I aim for that every year. I also aim for not using it after April 1. Blankets, flannel, socks, sweaters, windows, all are options before using up our natural resources. Hope I can make it….


************************************************************************************

I can't believe this! I tried to connect to blogger and the internet to post this, and I could not connect, said I had no account. OH YES I DO!!! PAID IN FULL FOR 1 YR!!!!! nope no record of it, You see, galaxynet was sold to ISOMEDIA 2 weeks ago. WHAT! I still have Galaxynet as my home page, and there is nothing there that says that. After ranting at the poor guy on the other end of the line, (oh yes I can be a BIG OLD WITCH!!) he agreed to give me a temp account until he researches it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That is when I started to have problems posting Pictures with my FTP!!! The guy on the other end said that would be the problem, and he said he knew nothing about the personal webspace provided. Why are business's so STUPID! Why cant they warn people about a transition. I feel so duped! Especially if they cant find my account. I will be down there beating on their door, and they really dont want that! AAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH




No comments: