Friday, April 25, 2003

Today was one of those Jewel days that sustain you through the rest of the year. A vitamin pill day, just when you needed one. A booster shot day, just when your vaccine was wearing out. It started out really gray and drippy and dark. I actually slept in until 830!! Im becoming a real lazy bones!! anyway, I forced myself to get up and put Mariah out to pee, and fix a pot of coffee. I turned on the computer and then got my coffee and Bea bunny and went back to bed to sit and watch Katie and Matt and Al and Ann. The birds weren't even very active. It was just a bleary morning. Then after my first cup of coffee, I noticed that Bea was on the window sill fighting for space with the cat and two of the cats were stretched out in a sunbeam on my bed, and there was actual WARMTH coming in the window and hitting the side of my face. I turned and got blinded by the sun popping up over the top of the alder trees. It was 900. I looked at the fence to see if Lola was sitting on it, but instead there were several birds lined up. 2 red winged blackbird males, 2 goldfinches several house finches and three spotted doves. All perched on the fence with their wings spread and soaking up the sunshine! Never have seen that before. was quite a sight. I got up and went in and checked the daily blogs. bookmarked a few and was just getting ready to start reading USS clueless when Bob came in. There went my morning. I went to see Errant son, and he is fine. Then headed in to Mt Vernon.

AHHHHHH the Blue of the sky was gorgeous. Then going over Deception Pass, the water was calm, and a pretty deep green-blue the clouds were a sparkling white, and the mountains were clear as a bell. It was wonderful!!! Yes the traffic into t oMt. V was murder, but that is because the tulips are out in full and the weather was good. Went on into the mall, and bought 2 pair of jeans, and SEE's bon-bons. shouldn't have done that either. But I did!!! :-) I thoroughly enjoyed the drive and the shopping on a day when I usually would have been working. Hey this retirement might be a good thing!! On the way home I noticed that the clouds were getting taller down the Sound, and looked thundery. It was warm. It was clear, it was bright, it was sunshiney, and I had money in my bank account!!! What could be better than that?...

No comments: