Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Just got off the phone with NEXCOM. "We never said you would get paid the first of April...it takes 4-6 weeks to get started." Hmmmmm There was an email that had FAQ on it, and it stated that you would get your first check on the first of the month following your retirement date. I retired Mar1. That would make it Apr 1. This is April 2 and I may not get paid until April 20? Something is wrong here!!! I also asked about my VSIP and was told that it was mailed to my address on March 25. OK this is now April 2 that is 8 days ago. Even if it came via TRAIN it would be here now!! Wouldn't you just KNOW that it would MY pay that gets screwed up? I'll bet that everyother NEX retiree gets paid right on time. I have Bill collectors waiting at the door with their hands out. I HATE THIS!!! Why can't I win Lotto and never have to worry about money ever again? yeah right.....

Went to visit errant Son and sat there on the otherside of the 1" thick glass, staring at him for 20 minutes. It's hard not to judge and hard not to lecture, and there isn't much much to talk about. I know all he wants from me is money, but I don't have any money to give him, and doubt that I would even if I did. He got himself in this pickle, and he has to get himself out of it. I offered shelter and support, and schooling, and he turned me down. I offered it again, and he turned me down again, I offered it one last time and he said no way, so I told him that he just tore up his free ride. I love him and worry all the time about him, but He is truely on his own now. No more from Mom! Whoo how hard is that!!!! Ya know, you may be able to walk away from your parents and never look back, but you CAN NOT walk away from your kids. The moment you give birth, you are a mother for the rest of your life!!! You may never hear from them again, but everyday, you wonder and worry and pray for their safe and happy lives. Mother Nature has it right with four footed animals. They shoo their adolescents away and never look back, and they also eat their defective young!!!

No comments: