Tuesday, April 22, 2003

OHMIGAWD!!! The sun just peaked through the clouds. I'm BLINDED. It is coming in right over the top of the monitor. whoo-bright stuff. They say that the Pacific Northwest uses more sunglasses per capita than anywhere else on earth. There could be two reasons for this phenomenon..1. that we seldom ever see the sun so therefore we never can find our sunglasses, and have to run out and buy another pair everytime we do see it. or 2. the rays of the sun strike through the atmosphere at such an angle that it becomes more bright, and harmful, so we all know to always carry and wear your sunglasses. We have several pair, and know exactly where they are at.

I got out in the yard at dusk last night, and thouroughly cleaned out the bird baths, and the feeders. They were getting pretty skanky. I empied all the water out of the bird baths, knowing that the rain would fill them back up soon, and I wanted them to air out. They were growing sunflower sprouts in them from the bird feeder trays. Ick. Also did not want to leave a spot for breeding mosquitoes, and increasing the chance of West Nile Virus, which has made it's appearance known on South Whidbey.

Why are there more and more virus' appearing that have never been seen before? Is it because we are uncovering more and more places with our expanding and development? Is it because the viruses are evolving into strains that they can survive? Or is it because we are just becoming more aware of them? With our Global exposure, there is no longer any isolation, and everybody in one way or another is at risk. Maybe it is Nature's way of helping the species evolve into a stronger more immune being. I am speaking of the Human species of course. I am after all one of them...really, I am...regardless of what they say.

I am sitting here trying to get motivated. I have my painting/messy clothes on, and need to either get in and get the room done, or get out and get the yard picked up so that my brother can mow it. I dont wanna!! I just want to Veg!! I am really good at that. I want everything done, so that I wont feel guilty for reading a book all day, or starting a new cross stitch project. I also want to go camping!! I haven't been in over 6 years. So much to do!!! So much I want to do!!! aaaggghhhhhh...

No comments: