Friday, October 14, 2005

Flying Geese...

Tonight I went to bed at 1130 and turned out the light just before midnite. I took 2 tylenol PM's to sleep. at 115 I woke up! the cats Loki and Chitters were sitting in the window growling deep rumbling growls. They would jump off the bed, run down the hall growling the whole way, then repeat the procedure. I heard the new dog 3 houses down baying at something. THey did not like his bark, and they were growling to tell me that something was not right. I got up turned on the light to read, and I heard them. Far off in the distance honk, honk, honking their way SOuth. They flew over the house at varying altitudes and different voices honking to encourage their leader the whole way. I love listening to the sounds of the geese and ducks finding their way South for another winter where it isnt freezing.

The Skagit Valley, here just East of us on the mainland, is home to a whole group of snow geese and Tundra Swans that make their way from the Arctic to spend the winter. THey are quite the tourist attraction, and are really beautiful to see, all standing wing to wing in the empty fields.

I am laying there contemplating whether to get up and post, since I did not get to it yesterday, or to read until I got sleepy again. And the phone rings. Scarded the bejeebus out of me. A phone ringing at 130 AM is usually not good news. It was Phyllis giggling and asking me to go read her blog, because she posted a funny picture and was afraid it would offend someone.

Guess she made my mind up for me. I am now up, posting and will soon be back in bed trying to get to sleep again. I think I will wait about an hour then call her and wake her up again too. LOLOLOLOLOL We are so mean to each other. LOLOLOLO

No comments: