Sunday, October 02, 2005

Closing night!!!! YES!!

The Fool Card
You are the Fool card. The Fool fearlessly begins
the journey into the unknown. To do this, he
does not regard the world he knows as firm and
fixed. He has a seemingly reckless disregard
for obstacles. In the Ryder-Waite deck, he is
seen stepping off a cliff with his gaze on the
sky, and a rainbow is there to catch him. In
order to explore and expand, one must disregard
convention and conformity. Those in the throes
of convention look at the unconventional,
non-conformist personality and think What a
fool. They lack the point of view to understand
The Fool's actions. But The Fool has roots in
tradition as one who is closest to the spirit
world. In many tribal cultures, those born with
strange and unusual character traits were held
in awe. Shamans were people who could see
visions and go on journeys that we now label
hallucinations and schizophrenia. Those with
physical differences had experience and
knowledge that the average person could not
understand. The Fool is God. The number of the
card is zero, which when drawn is a perfect
circle. This circle represents both emptiness
and infinity. The Fool is not shackled by
mountains and valleys or by his physical body.
He does not accept the appearance of cliff and
air as being distinct or real. Image from: Mary
DeLave http://www.marydelave.com/


Which Tarot Card Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla



I found this quiz over on CINDRA’s site.  I thought I would take it as I just finished a play about ghosts, and spirits.  Tarot cards were one of the props, although they were never used nor referred to.  The cast got me a real crystal ball for a director’s gift.  Now I spose I am going to have to find out what you are sposed to do with one.  Rub it?  Look into it?  Make wishes on it?  See the future in it?  My daughter says put it on the bookshelf and let it collect dust.  Nope not this one.  It is a real honest to goodness crystal ball made our of pure lead crystal!  HEAVY little sucker.

We struck the set last night, and I got home at 2:00!  GOD that makes for a horribly long day!!  I am so tired!  My cast was WONDERFUL!!  Tradition says the incoming show should be there to help tear down, but no one from the other show showed up until almost midnight.  And then It was only Rusty and her hubby and Karol.  NO ONE else!  (

I was fuming.  GRRRRRRR!  Thank you LORD for wonderful cast, and their families;  Arnie and her kids, Billy and Natalie, who have worked tirelessly through it all.  Vivian and her boys, including her hubby; Mike and Traci and her hubby and Mary K.  They were there for me all the way!!  I would work with any of them any time.  

Closing night has it’s foibles.  During the first scene, Madame Arcati goes to the window and opens it, and during this a bird twitters.  On and on.  She makes comment about the way it is angry.  Last night as she opened the window and the bird twittered, off across the back Edith the maid, was seen slowly creeping across the stage with a rifle.  I sat up and wondered WTF?  Suddenly Madame Arcati stops and we hear a BANG and feathers fly in the open window.  I was stupefied!!!  M.A. turns to the audience and said  “Well that got the Pecker!”  I damn near peed my pants!!!!  That was just the beginning.  They were ad-libbing all during the first act. At the final scene of the Act, Elvira picks up a plastiop glass and throws it at Ruth.  Well for some reason, her prop was missing so she picks up a bud vase and hurls it across the stage, where it hit the corner of the wall shattered and sprayed the audience with broken glass!!  SHIT!!!!

During intermission I Had to go down and see if everyone was ok, and they all thought it was funny. THANK GOD!  SO I went into the greenroom and just stood there with my hands on my hips.  M.A. looks over and in her British voice says, OOOOO Mother is angry.  Well I had to tell them that they had to cool it with the pranks, because it was ruining the flow of the show, and even though they were funny and it was their show, the audience DESERVED their money’s worth to see a good show.  They understood and agreed that it was throwing their lines off. So the 2nd act was MUCH better.  Still had plenty of ad-libs though. I had to laugh.  Community Theater is sooooo unpredictable.

CJ I will try to get the DVD off to you this week, and then you can send it on to KIMMOTION and the others.  I will include the names on the cover of the DVD, so you will know who is next.  Any of you know to copy DVD’s?  I have never tried it.  Maybe I should investigate and then send you each one.

So Far this is who I have in order of request:
     CJ
     Kim
     Barbara (Purple Moose)
     Leslie
     Brenda
I have addresses for each of you, do you mind sharing with the others on this list?  If not let me know and when it is your turn to view it, I will have it sent back to me and I will send it on to you.  Now if you know how to burn a DVD let me know, And we can get this even faster.


Critter alert!!!

This morning I was watching the feeder and noticed Lola on the feeder, but something was different.  She was a different color!  Then I realized that who I was seeing was Suzie’s babies!  They are small like Lola, but colored like their Mom.  Suzie is a big gray squirrel about 5 times as big as Lola.  Now Lola’s babies are the same size as she is, so it is hard to tell them apart, other than they are really noisy and shy.  Suzies babies are too, but they will grow big.  I guess I had better stock up on peanuts and walnuts.  I wonder if they do Filburts?  There is a tree just down the street.  ;)

I am going to go put my aching back and knees into a nice hot bath and see if I can soak some of the pain out of them.    Old age is such a SHIT!!! (
     

No comments: