Monday, October 17, 2005

AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH

AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

God I feel like I could rip open somebody’s throat and shit down their windpipe!!  I have no idea who, I just have this urge to YELLLLLLL!!!!  My daughter says it is because my Doctor took me off my hormones two months ago.  COLD TURKEY after being on them for 18 years.  I don’t think so, But what the hell do I know?

Last night Donna and I went to our rooms and I let Lint out for his nightly poop.  As I was all comfy and reading my book, and listening to variations on a theme by Beethoven, and out the window, in the rain, I hear MRRROWR MMMROWR!  Right under the window.  Lint wanted in.  Normally he goes up to the porch and scratches at the door and Donna lets him in.  But I knew how pissed she gets, so I got up and went to let him in.  He was still under the bird feeder so I called his name, he came running, stopped turned around ran back picked up something and ran back.  As He was running up the steps, I noticed that his mouth was full.  OF RAT!!!  So I slammed the door quickly and yelled at him to drop it.  NOPE! IT’S MINE! I CAUGHT IT, AND I’M BRINGING IT IN!  I finally convinced him that he could just stay outside in the cold nasty rain, or he could come snuggle up on the recliner and be nice and warm and dry.  He dropped it.  He came in, and then raised HOLY HELL because I would not get up and let him back out to get his prize!  He jumped up on the window sill above my head and scratched at the screen, just as a barred owl flew down to the deck, grabbed his dinner and flew off.  Lint turned and looked at me with the nastiest look and went and scratched at Donnas door.  She let him out, and that is where he stayed all night!!  

This morning I got up early and Went to Seattle with Phyllis to an Emergency Weather Seminar and tour of the NOAA facilities for the West Coast.  I would die for their computers!  They showed how they have been able to track the storms coming in off the pacific, to determine with 70% accuracy what the weeks weather will be.  Lots of data, and lots of different screens to look at, but what we all came to hear took about 30 minutes.  We on the West Coast will be having a Wetter and Colder Winter.  SO we could have low-land SNOW!!  WHOOT!!    Bottom line for the whole meeting is BE PREPARED.  Phyllis has been talking about that for several months, and they hammered at us again to tell our employees, neighbors family etc, to Get ready for any kind of emergency.  Earthquake, disaster, Hazard Spill, Tsunami, Floods, Blizzards we could have any and or all of them at any time.  SO if you have not already done so, GO to your local Fire Dept web site or the NOAA website look at the list for your area, and get your kit ready.

You Never know…and there is another Hurricane getting ready to dump on the SE.  And this one is named WILMA!!  We don’t name our storms, but we call them by the day. THE COLUMBUS DAY STORM, THE INNAUGURAL DAY STORM, THANKSGIVING DAY STORM. (Ever cooked a half done turkey on a BBQ?)

OH!  And DON’T FORGET PET FOOD!!!  And they all need a crate just in case.  It might be a good idea to get an extra bag of food for each pet and an extra collar and leash and have them in the carrier at the ready!!

No comments: