Thursday, October 06, 2005

Busy day...

Sadie had a Beauty Shop appt at 900 yesterday morning, so I was up early and out the door. It was a wonderful weather day. Typical Fall morning. COLD and wet, and cloudy and windy. I drove along West Beach heading out to Sunset Kennels to drop Sadie off. The water was choppy but not really rough, but the wind was really brisk. I love days like that. I stopped by the Cemetery to see Bob, (no folks, he WORKS there, isn't BURIED there) and spent a few minutes talking about stuff.

Stopped by Prairie Center and got groceries, and drain-cleaner. My tub is running really slow, and puddles up around my ankles when I shower. I have a really funky stopper, that will not come out, so I have to really dump the crap down there to unstop it. I poured the whole bottle down, waited for 3 hours and went in and ran hot water down it until it too puddled up. Did not work. SHIT! Now I have to find a wire and snake it down the drain and pull up the hair that is clogging the drain. I HATE that. Why don't things work like they are advertised to? It said Will unplug any clog!! WRONG!!!

got the call that Sadie was ready, so I gathered up my stuff for the evening and headed out the door. Sadie looked soooo cute when I picked her up. She had on orange pumpkin ribbons and bows in her ears, and a Halloween scarf around her neck. All decked out in her Halloween costume. I was going to take a picture of her, but she had them out of her ears in 15 minutes!! Little shit.

On to the dry cleaners, the feed store, the drug store, the scrapbook store and on to the Playhouse for rehearsal of LSOH (Little Shop Of Horrors). This one I am only the producer, not the director, so it is way easier.

When I got home last night Donna asked if I had fixed the dryer. OOPS! Knew I had forgotten something. SO much for going to bed early. I was washing rugs the other day, and one of them was shedding really bad, and clogged up the lint screen, and As I was pulling it out a big was of lint fell back in. I have been meaning to clean out the hose for a long time, and told Donna not to use it until I did because I have lived through two dryer-fires in my life and do not want to do it ever again.

So down on my knees and crunched around the dryer I am with the screw gun, and took off the back to get to the lint. There I found MORE metal to remove. SO I have a pile of screws around my knees, a ton of lint on the floor, and I still cant get to the lint filter. I finally got my hand up there and felt sunflower seeds, and stuff, and thought SHIT!!!! IT IS A RAT!!!!!!!!! I shuddered and screamed and Donna was on top of the dryer screaming GET IT GET IT. I pulled it out and it was an unrecognizable mass of something. I just threw it away, did not want to know.

I got the back all put back together, plugged it in and could not move to get my Ass up so we could push it back. Finally got my creaky crunchy knees up and my back straight and got it all pushed back into place and Donna was able to get her washing done at 100 this morning.

When You are a Military wife, you have to learn to do things on your own. You don't have the money to hire it done, and your husband is never home when something breaks, and couldn't fix it even if he was home. I learned when I was little how the simple things worked, and what to do to fix them. I have changed the belt on the dryer drum (got it all put back together and it worked, but it was crooked and squeaked, so I just left it that way. I have fixed the linkage on my car, with a hair pin, I have patched the hole in my muffler with an industrial size pickle can and baling wire, I have fixed a broken windshield wiper with a regular size kotex. (Hey guys, It WORKS) and I have removed a pair of babies rubber pants from the water pump of my washer. It makes me so very angry because I can not figure out this Computer on my own. I can if I can have someone look over my shoulder, But I have not ever had the opportunity to have a geek at my elbow all the time.

What I was trying to say before I was distracted, was that We are female, but there is no way we are the WEAKER sex. We can do anything we put our minds to. We may not have the upper body strength that a male has, but we can definitely multitask better than any man can.

Whew! I'll shut up now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rubber pants in the washer pump??? Now how would that happen? Four children, cloth diapers and rubber pants for all, and not so much as a single pair of rubber pants ever MIA! LOL!!!

Marlene.