Thursday, October 20, 2005

BASTARD CAT!!!!!!!! :(

I just woke up from a nice afternoon nap with 2 dogs cuddled around me and 3 cats at the foot of the bed. I knew the dogs had to go outside and pottie, so we headed for the back door. Now all of you know how I love to watch the critters, and you all know I LOVE my kitties. I have been coaxing the birds and the squirrels to the deck for over over two years, and this past month I have succeeded in getting the big grey squirrels and the Lola's to the deck feeder. I carefully watch out the back door to make sure there are none feeding when I let the girls out. If there is one, I will bang the door so that they will run before the girls get their scent. I certainly would not want the dogs to think that they are hors d'ourves trays there for their benefit.

This afternoon there was a little Douglas squirrel (Lola) feeding, so I banged the door, watched her run to the fence and then let the dogs out. They caught her scent right off the bat and took off after her. I watched to make sure that Lola got away and she was on the fence so I knew she was safe. I then heard her give her squeal, like she does when she is running, so I looked back just as the ugly orange cat from across the street chomped on her head and trotted off with her hanging from his mouth!!!

BASTARD!!! I Hope he chokes!! He was hiding in the grass at the base of the fence just waiting. I watched him as he ran out of Lea's yard and back across the street, I ran out the front door and yelled at him but he proudly went on his way into his own backyard. Poor Lola. SNIFF!!

As I am typing this, I watch out the office window and there is another Lola in the Feeder tray scarfing down the goodies in it. Sadie is going berserk trying to jump up high enough to get her, but Lola aint having any of that. She has watched as the other one disappeared, so she is getting her dinner eaten. Sadie will eventually give up and leave her alone. And Suzie is on the back fence waiting for the dog to leave, She is not as bold.

No comments: