Sunday, June 05, 2005

watching the back yard...


suzie

Donna has named this big Eastern Gray Squirrel Suzie! Not to be confused with little tiny Douglas Squirrel named Lola. Suzie comes down out of the canopy of alder trees, onto the top of the peach tree, down the trunk to the ground and then lops over in big sweeping waves, to the feeder. Lola on the otherhand is small enough to get between the wooden fence put up for privacy by the neighbors last year, and my 6 foot chain link fence put up by me to keep the dog in 13 years ago. there is a space about 6" between the two fences, so needless to say weeds grow ther and can not be pulled. They can however be sprayed, but then Lola would run through the chemicals. So she runs through the weeds and is safe from the cats and the hawks, Susie has to run really fast!! She has been back every day this week. SO I may have another mouth to feed!!

The other day while watching her and Lola ignore each other, I saw for the very first time a Swainson's Thrush. She landed on the platform feeder, and I thought wow, that is a thrush, but what kind. I have heard her for years, first thing in the morning and the very last thing at dusk, but she is very, very bashful. I was so glad to finally be able to identify her and add her to my life-list.

I am still scratching, but the Dr and the Literature says we would still itch long after all the critters were dead. SWELL! I am SOOOO THrilled. But it is not nearly as bad, and Sadie and Tilly seem to be cured. All victims have taken all of their antibiotics, I have one day left, and then we should be home free.

We had a major cast member quit the show today. 3 performances into the run, and now we have to replace him. He was getting "picked on" by the cast, so he quit. So Long there Hero. Guess he does not want to ever act in this town again. or Anacortes either. WOrd gets around, and You dont QUIT a show! We will replace him with another young man who will be FINE! So ego's don't survive in Community Theater.

I finally got a Storm door installed on the front door. I had one that was hangign there by one hinge, but it kept popping open and would not keep the bugs out, so Bob said we were gonna replace it this weekend, and we did! He took two days to do it, but it is looking good, and is done right! And It closes, and is air tight, so we can get sunshine in the winter too. Ethyl sleeps in the sunshine in the afternoon, and missed having the door open. Anything for my babies.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments: