Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'm Still here....

The Three C's

COWS
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that our government can track a cow born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she sleeps in the state of Washington. And they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give them each a cow.


CONSTITUTION
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart Guys, it's worked for over 200 years and we're not using it anymore.



COMMANDMENTS
Want to know the real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Courthouse? You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians! It creates a hostile working environment.


I am still here, but have been so busy with dogs and rashes and cleaning and cleaning and scratching and itching. I think we have finally found it out!! Sadie picked up Scarcopic Mange (mites) at the groomer, and since they are VERY hard to diagnose even with a skin scraping, no one thought it until she did not get better on the antibiotics, but once her fur fell off her chest and the vet could see the rash, he gave her a shot and she got better. MUCH better.

Tilly however is a carrier of Bordatella (kennel Cough) and gave THAT to Sadie too. SO poor Sadie has been crouping her head off, and keeping us all awake with it.

Tilly then got the mites from Sadie, (they believe in sharing) who then gave them to Donna and myself. SO three Dr visits For Donna, 3 visits for me, 3 to the vet for each of the Dogs, and we all have finally gotten mite prevention.

This has been HELL folks. I have moved everything and cleaned and stripped the beds every day, and washed and washed and washed and showered three times a day, and bathed the dogs, and then re=showered, washed their bedding.

donnish Dr finally gave her some permethrin cream to put all over her body, and she shared with me. I got an actually good nights sleep last night, and think I may have them all covered. I itch some today, but not nearly as bad as I did, and it may be sympathetic reactions. The mites are microscopic and I am going nuts thinking of these things crawling all over me. (SHUDDER) I felt so unclean...Even though I know I was really clean.

So with all of this work, and getting the show opened, I have been maxed out!! I did the Bios for the show yesterday, and will post them on the Lobby wall today, then all we do is sit back and watch the show. I will still need to write three more articles for the newspapers that would not come to press night, and hope they get printed before the show closes.


friend

Today as I was watching TODAY and drinking my coffee, I saw a BIG GREY SQUIRREL come up to the feeder, and scare Lola. I did not think we had these on the Island, but obviously we do. They must have been a catch and release introduction. I will watch and see how often she comes back. Lola was none too happy about it. I also saw a red cross bill bird for the first time, all alone and chowing down on the black oil sunflower seeds. Last night I heard a peacock in the woods across the highway, SO there are things happening that have never happened here before, and I wonder why, and what it means!


lola and friend

Now if I look out there some day and see a bear......

No comments: