Tuesday, June 21, 2005

ALVIN!!!!!!!........

I wake up at 445 yesterday morning and the birds are already at the feeder. I look to see what Lola is fussing about, becasue she is chattering like crazy, and there is a tiny little 'something' running along the fence. I looked closer becasue I thought it was a baby Lola, but it was a chipmunk!! I have NEVER seen a chipmunk around here before. SO now we have Lolas, and Susies and Alvins!! and this weekend we had 5 Lolas and a susie!! Man these guys are making me go broke!! I must be feeding the whole forest!!

The baby Hairy woodpeckers are out too, and they LOVE the suet feeders!! I am going through about 5 a week now. Sheesh!! Once I started diluting the Hummingbird juice, they started flying away and foraging for flower necter. They should be starting to migrate back towards Costa Rica. Maybe they will follow Kat and Lusicious Mr. Pete!!

Today it rained like hell!! THe clouds came up and the Thunderclouds got really noisy, and then the bottom fell out of the clouds!! We do not get thunderstorms around here very often, so as soon as the first boomer went off, so did the girls. Running and barking like someone was breaking in. I have a peacock in the woods across the highway, and just like in NEVADA, as soon as thunder sounded, the peacock screamed. I know he or several he's are over there, but he never shows his face.
I would love to have them come to the feeder too, I have Mr. quail jumping up there now. Mrs Quail and all the little Quails still sit on the ground.

So the kid is home now so I need to get off so she can get on. I LOVE having my own home.... :(

No comments: