Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sunday Funnies...

MAUDE & MABLE


Two old ladies are outside their nursing home, having a drink and a smoke, when it starts to rain. One of the old ladies pulls out a condom, cuts off the end, puts it over her cigarette, and continues smoking.

Maude: What in the hell is that?

Mable: A condom. This way my cigarette doesn't get wet.

Maude: Where did you get it?

Mable: You can get them at any drugstore.

The next day, Maude hobbles herself into the local drugstore and announces to the pharmacist that she wants a box of condoms.

The pharmacist, obviously embarrassed, looks at her kind of strangely (she is after all, over 80 years of age), but very delicately asks what brand of condom she prefers.

"Doesn't matter Sonny, as long as it fits on a Camel."

The pharmacist fainted.



As you all may or may not know, I am on my way to Vancouver Canada to meet Ellen Crush and her Curtis. They are from WInnepeg and are visiting relatives in Vancouver, and since they are so close to us here, A mere 90 miles, I invited myself up for lunch or tea, the meal is not important it is the MEETING. Ellen has terminal cancer, and it is very agressive, so THis may be one of the last chances I will have to meet her. THere is always hope of course, but even she says why skirt the issue, She is Terminal. Now it is just a matter of making her remaining life as full and as comfortable as possible, and hoping for a miracle. It has been known to happen.

Ellen is very upbeat and positive, and in face of all that she has had to endure, very brave. I am not sure I could be. Needless to say Phyllis and I are gonna become foriegners and go meet miss Ellen. WE are gonna Laugh and take dorky pictures, and exchange good wishes, and just have FUN!! laughter is one of the best medicines around. And Lord knows Phyllis and I have a lot of that!!

WIsh me luck getting back across the border...I lost my Birth Certificate...

:(

No comments: