Friday, June 10, 2005

ahhhhhhh!!!!!! SLEEP!!!!!

I relaxed last night!


I came home from the Playhouse, and fixed a hot bath, poured epsom salts in it and some Bath THerapy minerals. sat in it and just poured the water over me. I did this until the water was turning cool, then got out put on my pj's and headed to bed. I remembered the Mineral Ice for my back and my knees, and I remembered the ounce of Drambuie that I thought I still had in the cupboard, left over from the holidays. I found it behind the canned corn, and beets, and poured it straight over crushed ice. Was not quite a shot, but it worked. I took this back to bed, and was reading a book and sipping the Drambuie.

Now mind you, It does not take much to relax me. I took two of the possibly 10 sips that were in the glass, and I started getting sleepy. I forced myself to stay awake while I tried to finish it. I WAS RELAXED!!! (now how sad is that that I cant stay awake long enough to finish 3/4 of a shot of Drambuie!!) I felt myself falling asleep, and Tyler the Black Kitty that I am cat-sitting, was curled up by my head purring low and the reverberations were relaxing too. I put the glass down and turned out the light.

I do not remember settling down, I was warm, I was comfortable, I was relaxed, and I did not hurt. I slept! I slept until I had to get up and pee around 500! I went back to bed, found the warm spot, and snuggled back into the bed. And I slept! I slept until Tilly, with the help of her MOTHER started chewing on my right ear. (no DOnna was not chewing, she put her on the bed) I looked at the clock and saw that it was 730, and knew I had at least 6 hours of good restful sleep!

I woke up laying on my back, all sprawled out over the bed, puppy gnawing on my reight earlobe, 2 cats between my legs (DON"T go there) one laying on my pillow, and one swatting at Tilly. Sadie was still asleep in her pen. The other 2 cats were not around. My tongue was stuck to the roof of my mouth, and it felt like my mouth was stuffed with cotton. I sat up, grabbed a drink of water and tried to speak...CROAK!!! more water...and I was awake, and rested, and pain free for awhile.

YES!!! Epsom SAlts do it every time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At the feeder this morning I had Lola, and Sal, and Susie! Lola and sal were sitting with their tail ends hanging over, so it was plain that it was Sal and not another Lola. Susie on the otherhand was hard to tell, as She was on the ground, and every time she tried to get into the feeder, Lola and Sal fought her away. Finally they left to run down the fence line and Susie got her chance at the feeder. It is definatly a SUSIE and not a SAl! She is so pretty and fluffy. I wonder how many more there are out there. And wonder why it took her so long to come to the feeder. Lola and SAl have been coming by for about three years, Ever since the wooden fence was installed by privacy-prone neighbors. It allowed them a safe ingress into my yard.

Sadie heard the squirrel chatter, and was awake and ready to head outside. ALl I have to say is Lola, and she is out the door and barking at the squirrels. After the chase is over and Sadie thinks she has sucessfully defended the yard, she heads back to the deck to keep a watchful eye 1/2 open for intruders, and the squirrels head quietly back to the feeder, and I got up and fixed another cup of coffee.

A restful night is SOOOOOOO Nice!!

No comments: