Monday, June 20, 2005

Busy weekend!




I have had a very busy weekend, running around trying to get everything done. I had to work the box Office for Sunday's Matinee, and I dont even know why we had a show! It was Father's Day and only 27 paid seats! We called the retirement home and about 20 came over GRATIS, but 1/2 of them fell asleep. THe show was great, but the audience was terrible. THey did not get (or could not hear) the lines. Finally the cast just started ad-libbing at them. ANd they liked that. right after intermission, just as the 2nd act started, we blew something and all of the lights went black. FOr about 15 minutes we could not get powered back up. I think our laptop is getting ready to bite the dust, as it said run-time error on the blue screen of death! Jim ran off stage, (our lighting guru plays Hysterium) and fixed the problem and crossed his fingers and ran back on stage and the audience loved it!

On my way out of town, I noticed the check engine light came on, and there is a tick tick tick sound coming out from under the hood. Thinking I might be low on oil, I stopped at Safeway and bqt, opened the hood, and put the oil in. It was only a Qt low, so that did not solve the problem. I checked the dashboard lights, they were all fine, the engine was not running hot, it was only when I pressed the footfeed that the tick got louder, When I stopped it went down. HMMMMMM so I pulled out the manual, and it said take it to the closest Mazda dealer. So I figured it must be safe to drive a little ways.

I tried calling Bob, but naturally the one time I need him, he is no where to be found. So I drove on home, and prayed Id make it back into town this morning.

I had a Dr appt at 930, which was right on the way to the MAzda dealer. Made it in there and the service writer said it was the lifters, and they were probably all gunked up and that would be spendy. SHIT!!!! I have no money!!! so they looked at it, and Joy of Joys, it was a sparkplug! evidently this model of MPV has a quirk in that they can pop a sparkplug out of place. ??????? POP it out???? so new sparkplug, new wire, and 40.84 later, I am on my way with no noise!! YES!!!!!

Came all the way home which was about 1230, and then remembered I had a meeting for BLITHE SPIRIT at 2:00. SO I load the "girls" into the back, and head back to town.
Tilly gets car sick! THis we did not know! SO she barfs freshly eaten puppy chow all over the back seat. Swell. AND WANTS TO RE-EAT IT! SO I am reaching back into the back and trying to get it off the seat before SHE did, and driving down the highway all at the same time. Sadie was sitting nicely in the front.

I went to me meeting and then drove through Dairy Queen to get them their doggie-bowls of ice cream. Sadie loves it. Tilly would not eat it, Probably because she was still kinda upset. SO Sadie ate Tilly's too, and Tilly had fun eating the BOWL! I now have shredded styrofoam all over the back seat.

We are home now, had our nap, feel all better, and I am trying to catch up on all of your blogs. Whew!!!

Has anyone heard from CJ recently? All I get is a blank screen when I go to her blog, and she is not answering email either. I hope she is ok!! I worry.

No comments: