Friday, October 22, 2004

Technical Difficulties..one moment please...

I have technical problems as you all know. My Modem seems to be the culprit, as I have replaced the telephone line, I have contacted the telephone company who says (naturally) that it is the SERVERS problem. I have contacted the SERVER (Isomedia) who says it is the VERIIZON problem. So I have come to the conclusion that it MUST be ME! Not that I really think it is, but it is the last piece of the puzzle. So I will run down tomorrow or Monday and see if the Navy Exchange has a new improved, Fast, razzle, dazzle modem, that I can easily install in to my 2 year old wonderfully fitted Sony Vaio does everything COmputer.

Meanwhile, Let's see what comes spilling out of my brain today. Now mind you, I am doing this straight into Blogger, so I will have to copy it before I publish. (Not that I think BLOGGER will lose anything.) PHHFFTTT!!

Yesterday I was working, so I did not get much blogging time. Cant do that at work. Janice says not to, so I dont even connect to the internet. (DAMN)

But Wednesday morning, I was sitting here blogwalking when I heard my Stellar Jay screeching in the woods. I ran out and put fresh peanuts out for him, came back in and watched. He showed up, swalled a peanut whole, put one into his beak and flew off into the canopy. He showed up again and repeated this several times. THEN he started flying down to the grass and burying the peanuts, shells and all into the deep grass. (How does he remember where he puts them? Sticky notes in the nest?)
He kept this up for about two hours. Busily stuffing peanuts into his bill and flying off with them to store for the winter.

During this didplay, a flicker flew up to the posts on the deck and started pecking away at them. Now I have seen flickers in the apple trees, but never before in my yard. She then moved over to the suet cake and started getting a beak full and hammering it into the posts. About this time I hear LOLA!!!! she did not come into the yard, but stayed back in the alders, giving something hell the whole time. I am hoping that soon she will find the safe way into the yard again, and start stuffing her face.

Judging by the way the wild critters are stashing bird seed, suet and peanuts, we must be in for a Heck of a cold snap.

Speaking of which, I just watched the noon news and there is cold unstable air coming down from the Gulf of Alaska and due to hit here this afternoon. A front moved through last night, and woke Sadie up with the trees creaking and branches snapping, so at 530 this morning, I had to take her out to pee, and make sure that the yard was safe. (Dogs do that you know, that is their JOB!) Once she had decided that all was at it should be, She came in and I put her back in her pen.

I crawled back into bed, and lay there listening to the windchimes sing their symphony right outside on the pussy willow bush, and the Alders napping away, and the wind blowing the rain in on my face. I fell asleep, and woke up at 1130 this morning feeling guilty that I had slept so long. I felt really good, and then decided that what the heck. I am retired. I have nothing to do today except house work. ( which is LOOONNNGGG Overdue) So if I want to sleep to noon, I can!!

Bob came over just as I sat down and turned on the computer, so He had coffee with me still in my PJ's, and said you sound pretty chipper today. Amazing what happens when you are fully rested huh?

Oh Christ! I forgot to shoot my insulin and take my pills, so I will go do that right now....

No comments: