Tuesday, October 19, 2004

KA BOOM!!!! WAHHHHHHH!!

You all have heard me talk about how much I enjoy my first cup of coffee in the morning. OH WAIT....IM IN BLOGGER Let me go to word and do this...


Anyway, As I was saying….You all know how much I enjoy my first cup of coffee in the morning. Now morning is just a word that explains the moment my feet actually hit the floor and head into the office. It may be early afternoon or it may be very early in the morning. It all depends on how long I have been up the night before. I am not a lay in bed all day person. 8 hours of sleep and I need my coffee.

Yesterday I got up, around 1030, (up late scrapbooking) and while the coffee was making, I came in here to blog. I started my post, and heard a loud KER-PLOW!!!! Coming from the kitchen. Sounded like a muffled explosion. I jumped up and ran in to see what was going on and there was steam and hot water blowing out of the lid to the water reservoir in my coffeepot. I know I shut the lid, so the explosion, must have opened it. Water was pulsing out all over the cupboard! None going into the pot at all. The grounds were still dry! Just pumping out in pulses just like Mt St Helens! OH NO!! What now!! I have an old aluminum percolater that I use when camping, but do you think I can find it? NOPE!

So I put on my thinking cap and said … I just need to get this hot water from the reservoir into the grounds, and then Ill be fine. So I take a ladle and try to ladle it out and into the grounds, Nope don’t work. SO I think again, and come up with turning the very hot machine over, and pouring out the water into my 2 qt pyrex measure. NOPE. Burned my little fingers. I go get a towel, pour the water into the measure, and then take the ground basket and set it on top of the pot and pour the water into it.

What a mess. The filter went limp, and all of the grounds went into the basket, and plugged the hole. Also, the coffee was not going into the pot. AH HA!!! The pot has to interface with the little lever to let the water down. SO I pick up the basket, and hold the little lever down with my thumb and wait for the brewed coffee to fill the pot. Pour, hold, drain, unplug hole again, pour, hold drain…etc.

I finally got enough for one cup full of by now luke warm coffee. It was AWFUL!!! I had so wanted a good hot cup. By this time it was close to 100 and I said SCREW IT, fixed a sandwich, drank a glass of milk, and blogged on. Only to have Blogger lose my post!! Not a good day.

I had to go into town for a meeting on INSPECTING CAROL (I am designing the lighting) and then stoped by the drug store to get a new pot. They don’t have them anymore. SO on to Albertsons. Nope, no coffeepot that I want, only the really cheapo proctor silex one. SO it was a bomb all day.

I got home as Chemystery was putzing in the kitchen wondering what I had done to the coffee pot. (yes, I walked away from the mess) as I was explaining, it dawned on me that I had an extra unit in the garage. In the get-rid-of-this-shit pile. I had unpacked it from my move back from Nevada, and the basket had been crushed, so I had to buy a new pot. So I still had the working unit, and the working basket from the now blown up pot, so putting this and that together, I now have a working coffee pot again. YES!!!!

It is amazing is it not, what little wonders will make your day? A freshly Brewed cup of Strong French Roast Starbucks freshly ground coffee, with coffeemate and sweet and low. All in a nice Laurel Burch coffee Mug. HEAVEN!!!!!!!

No comments: