Sunday, October 24, 2004

Sunday evening....

I spent the better part of last night trying to get some room on my hard drive. I have an 80 gig hard drive, but it is partitioned into both c and d drives. being the idiot that I am when it comes to technology, I figured it would all even out, when one was full it would automatically fill up the other. NOT!! SO I have moved my many MB of My Documents over to D drive, I have moved all of my Pictures over to D drive, I have freed up about 2 gig of c drive which is only 16 %. I did a defrag, which took most of the night, and then turned it off to sleep for awhile. I also tried to fix my laptop, which is 3 years old but has less than 100 hrs on it total.
(I retired right after I bought it) It crashed with a fatal error in ****DLL or something like that. So I pulled the battery out and let it go really dead. Then I dug out the restore disks and started over on it. Success!!! for two screens, then frozen again. THe only way I can turn it off and on is to take the battery out.

So I will take the laptop which is now way out of warranty down to the local wizard and see if he can fix it to work right again. then once I have that up and working, I will see what he will charge me to make this one go fast again. right now every time I switch URLS It kicks me off line, and redials. I SO HATE DIAL-UP!!!! I wish I lived closer to civilization so I could get DSL!! GRRRRRRRRR

Now I have the Dining room all cleared out ready to start painting, so bob can get the floor done, and I slapped on a 2ft sq swatch of pale lemon yellow, and it is way too bright. I need to tone it down. I am thinking maybe a touch of green or maybe just dilute it with flat white. I am such a color nerd too. I LOVE bright colors, but I am not an interior decorator at all. Donna wants a really pale yellow with a sky blue ceiling. I just might let her do it. I have a friend who says that there is not a wall in her house that is the same color. GADS! I wish I was that confident. Hell it took me 6 different pints of paint all marching down the side of the house just to decide the TRIM color, and this was 3 years AFTER I painted the body of the house. Yep like I said....

So what are your color choices? Are you very conservative or do you go for it? Pictures?

No comments: