Friday, October 15, 2004

BRRRRRR......

Reading everybody from down South yesterday, I wondered why you all were so cold, and we were sweltering in a gorgeous Fall day, with highs into the 70's. The Sun was out, and the sky was clear.

Today, I woke up and it was almost black outside, and it was 845! Hmmmmm Fog! And clouds! And COLD! The high today is not sposed to get much above 50 today. I am looking out the window at the Alders, and the leaves are falling just like rain. You can almost see through the trees!

I am dressed in my cords and a heavy sweater. Of course I have no shoes on, so my feet are freezing. And I have the window open so I can get fresh air. It is very dark out, but so far no rain. The wind is just a zephur, barely stirring the leaves. I got up made a pot of coffee and sat here drinking two hot cups full. Nice morning.

It seems that Fall has fell really. The weather man says the rain is coming down from the Gulf, so I expect Winter is about to set in. We don't have winters here like most people would think. Ours are just wet and windy and gray and chilly. We rarely get down to freezing and hardly ever have snow. It hovers around high 30's to low 50's until March or so. There will be an occaisional really nice spring day, usually in Late January, followed by a really cold snap, then the bulbs will all pop up and spring will be here.

My Banshee Bird made his appearance really early last night, around 10:00, and then went away. It has me baffled! Sadie hears it from far off, and wakes me up barking at it! One of these days she will see it, and it will scare her! The cats hear it growl and run. They are the smart ones. Lint took a flying leap onto the back porch last night. Wanted in FAST! Funny!

Gads, it is 230 in the afternoon, and looks like it is sunset out there! Dark and damp, and chilly!!! I guess I better start thinking about cleaning the area around the fireplace, It is almost Nov 1!!

Any of you have snow yet?

No comments: