Saturday, June 12, 2004

CRACK of dawn!

I couldn't sleep. My shoulder and my back were hurting, the deep down inside you bone aching hurt. Didn't help much that Ethel wanted to sleep on my back, and Chitters was tap dancing on my right boob either.

The scanner went off, and there was an accident at the Keystone Ferry Landing, Injuries, so they toned out the fire dept, which is right over there! So the chief responds from his home right over THAT way, speeds down the road, with his all terrain tires, which whine through the woods. Gets the rig, and whoops down the road back again to the scene. This is at 345. Then about 400 it started to get light, and that meant the birds started chirping away.

I peeked over the window sill and noticed that the feeders were empty, so on with the UGGS and out the door at 415 to fill the feeders and let Lint out.

I am wide awake, so figured what the heck, went in fixed a pot of coffee, and felt like I needed some protein, so fixed 2 eggs on toast, and came in here to blogwalk.

Blogger is really slow loading, and to top it off, the homepage that I default to is not there, some other page is. I hate it when some freakin pop-up decides it knows which is the best move for my computer. So into the control panel I go and switch it back. Ya know I'm Thinking that there oughta be a law against ANYTHING popping onto or into your computer settings unless you specifically ask for that in plain language!

THe last thing I heard on the news last night was to watch out for Eco-terrorists to pull something this weekend. SO what did I have on my mind this early morning...Eco-terrorists. What could they do here? where would they go? The last time they hit up here was at the Botany Dept of the U-Dub. They set it on fire, and destroyed many years of genetic research on trees and plants. The building is just now re-opening.

I wonder why people think that they will get sympathy for their causes by destroying other people, and or property? Media attention I guess. PISSES me off!

Hang on, coffee is done!! Be right back. Ahhhhhh much better!!

George and Gracie still have not brought their brood over to the feeders, surely they have hatched by now!! The Doves are hatched and fledging, the Hairy Woodpeckers are flying to the suet feeders now, Babies in tow, The Goldfinch have paired up. ( they nest later than most) and the hummingbirds are all out of the nest and sucking down the bird juice! Spring is well on it's way to summer!

The grass needs mowing every week now, and if the rain does not let up, the garden will not get planted. I think I have won the battle of the CATTERPILLARS! at least for awhile. They are cocooning now, and I sprayed all the ones I could find. When the Moths morph out, I'll spray those bastards too!!! Should cut them back a lot for next year.

Well, It is now 600, and I know that Europe and SOuth Africa are already up and blogging so think I will start over there with my blogwalk, by the time Im through over there, the east coast should be up and posted, then up to Canada, and over to the west coast. It sucks being up wide awake and raring to go, and nobody else is up yet!!

Even Sadie is still asleep! just Lint and me...oh and Loki!

No comments: