Sunday, June 06, 2004

Birthdays...

One of the things I promised myself I was going to do when I retired was make sure I remembered every body's birthday BEFORE it happened. I remember mine, and Phyllis' and of course the kids' but I keep forgetting my brothers and his family's.

I bought a dayplanner that I have right here on the desk, and in it I have a tab for all of my favorite bloggers, and a yearly calendar. I put down your address, your phone number, your major events and your families if you mention them all the time.

I also put in your birthdays and your blogiversaries. I make Birthday cards and send them out, and I also make my own note cards and send those out.

I have up-dated my address book, and my Christmas card list, and last year for the first time in DECADES I sent out Christmas cards to everybody whose address I had. It was really nice getting cards in return.

But back to Birthdays. I always made it a point to NEVER tell anybody at work when my birthday was, because I did not want anybody going overboard for THE BOSS. But I was always dissapoinnted when Bob and my Kids didn't fuss over me either. ( JAN 11 )

Phyllis and I do, because we are all we have left. She takes me to dinner, and I take her to dinner, and Iget her a present and she gets me one.

But now it is time to tell the world when my birthday is. I am so Thankful that I still am able to HAVE birthdays. and now I want everybody to fuss over me. JAN 11 And I want to fuss over everybody also!

So your task today is to comment here and to tell me when your birthday is. If I do not have your address, I can not send you a card so you all need to email me at the following: dreamer(at)galaxynet(dot)com and give me your address. Then sit back and wait for my card.

remember...
comment here with your birthdate,
email with your address...

If you hurry I might even have a chance to save up for a little tiny prezzie too!!!

This will give you all a chance to update your birthday log too... JAN 11

No comments: