Friday, June 30, 2006

A Prairie Home Companion...

OH GO SEE IT!!! We went tonight, and it is a hoot!! one of the fastest two hours I ever spent. We were heading into Mt. Vernon/Burlington to go see DaVInci Code, but we got stuck in traffic and missed the start, so we decided to go see this one. FUNNY!! Merle Streep, Lindsay Lohan, Garrison Keillor, Lily Tomlin, Woody Harrelson and tons of others. And they all did their own singing. GOOD MOVIE!!

I am so saddened to see that our very good friend and her husband are leaving the PC world. They were still getting hassled by those ugly nasty vicious people. I just hope that someday they will get their just rewards, and that they will not be allowed to enter the pearly gates without a LOT of heat first. Assholes!

I made a flat of strawberry preserves on Tuesday, but it did not gel correctly, so I re-cooked it, added sugar and a pkg of pectin and tried again yesterday. It STILL did not Gel, so this morning I got up and added another pkg of pectin and boiled the hell out of it and it STILL has not gelled. Anybody out there have any ideas on how to salvage this batch? I thought about adding more sugar and lemon juice and MORE Pectin and try cooking it for 5 minutes like the old way, but I am not sure even that will work. I would appreciate any tips you may have, 'cause I am out of ideas! It tastes really good, but it is just strawberry syrup right now.

Guess I could bottle it and use it for waffles for breakfast though huh?

My friend Barbara is bringing her grandkids over tomorrow morning so she can get an idea of how much painting we have to do. She is going to be painting the trim as I cant cut in with my shaky hands. I will prime the wood, and she can finish it. I have never met her grandkids, and the last time I saw her Children they were even younger than the grandkids are now! GEEZ that had to be over 30 years ago I think...My Donna was 8 or 9 and her Donna was 6 or 7 I think. GAWD!! I am getting old!!!

Another week, for the floor! and who knows maybe even another one after that. I dont think there is such a thing as new flooring. I think it is all a scam to drive me nuts....and it is working!

No comments: