Saturday, August 20, 2005

Weekend ramblings...


old barn

I went in to Oak Harbor today to pick up paint chips from Home Depot, and look at wll borders for the living room. Got the paint chips no problem. They don't sell wallpaper or borders!! What is that all about? I am getting ready to paint the set. My set builder had me come in and look at it today, and it is going to be wonderful. DIfferent, but fine. Poor Casey, is new to the Playhouse, and noone is willing to tell him what he needs to use. He builds set in other places, so I do not know what the deal is here, but my DEAR LORD, it has created a fiasco because he used a 6" something on a four inch platform. He was ready to walk off, but he will stay for me, and he will be fine. THe old farts in this organization dont want to do it anymore, but they are all being the "dog in the manger" over some one else doing it. SHITHEADS!!

On my way home from Home Depot, I decided that since I had a full frozen Dairy Queen Arctic Rush...Watermelon, I would take the scenic heights route home. It runs along the Harbor, and then along Penn COve, where I grew up. I had not been down that way in a long time. The main road has washed down the bluff into the harbor, so it now goes up and around the old Farm. On this road, Balda Rd, I caught a glimpse of an old picturesque barn out of the corner of my eye as I topped a hill, so I went to a turn around and went back to see it. No traffic on this back road, so I just parked in the middle of the road and snapped away. I LOVE old barns and old run down buildings. THey have a story to tell, I just wish I knew how to listen to it.



two old barns

This old Barn is beside another one that I could not see on the way up the hill, but I thought it was cool too. It used to be an old Chicken Farm. They still do sell farm fresh eggs. Only the barns the chickens are in are made of metal and have no ambience at all. Pity.

I continued on the way, and passed the place where our house and the little store used to stand, all gone now, and replaced by big new houses side by side. Another pity.


prairie

Since I still had about half of my drink left, I went up to the Cemetery in COupeville and parked at the Prairie Lookout while I finished it. Gray, a new reader, wanted to know where the Smith Barn was, so I took a picture of it from the car, and caught this young couple heading out on the nature hike along the top of the prairie. It is one of my favorite sights on the island, The same place I took the moon shot a few weeks ago.

Came home, and took a nap, now I am raring to go again. We got interuppted this morning by the neighbor coming over and asking DOnna if she left her car door open. She had not, and had been broken into. THere were about 5 houses hit last night, all unlocked cars, but they did not take anything but money. DOnna had all of her CD's in the car, and her brand new stereo but they did not take it. THe Deputies think they were looking for crack money. THey found a little plastic packet in Donnas car and asked if it was hers, she said yes probably, and he looked at her and said No, you don't want this to be yours. It had crack dust in it. DOnna does not do drugs of anykind. She backed off, and said nope not mine, but the presription drugs in there are mine, and that was fine.

We ahve never had any problems like this in the 13 years I have lived here, but I think it has finally made Donna a believer in LOCKING YOUR CARS and the front door every night. She has been pooh-poohing me for doing that. Not any more.

GOnna go see if this windex for outside windows really works...I'll report back on it.

No comments: